Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
The Malwarebytes Creative team is growing and we’re looking for a copywriter to bring our brand’s story to life both internally and externally.
As a copywriter at Malwarebytes you’ll be telling our story on every platform. You understand creative problem solving and have a passion for storytelling – regardless of media. You’re an adaptable idea person who understands that good ideas can come from anywhere. You’re highly observant and write because you love to. You can execute quickly and manage your time well. You’re cool in the face of a challenge. You’ll be working across both traditional and digital platforms, with the majority being in the digital realm, so the portfolio you submit should reflect this, however, we love seeing your overall solutions and ideas throughout your book.
What You’ll Do:
- Concept and brainstorm breakthrough ideas for Malwarebytes.
- Help hone the Malwarebytes tone across both internal and external platforms.
- Work closely with the Head of Creative and Brand Team to bring concepts to life.
- Collaborate with Graphic Designers, Brand Team, Product Managers, UX/UI Designers, and other cross-functional team members.
- You have a proven track record for communicating campaigns across multiple consumer touchpoints.
- You value creative refinement, whether the pushes come from creative leads or from cross-functional stakeholders.
- You’re committed to upholding quality for every deliverable: video, digital, social, and more.
- You want to build a brand that stands out and are comfortable identifying when we can take creative risks.
- When needed, should be able to be independent and self-governing to see projects through
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Online portfolio of work
- 3+ Years of copywriting, developing, and creating for digital/social
- Strong conceptual/brainstorming skills
- Strategic thinking skills and a passion for ideating strategically focused messaging
- The ability to follow direction and take constructive criticism
- The ability to effectively collaborate with various teams, providing the most useful guidance in an enthusiastic and inspiring manner
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
Nice To Have Skills:
- Passionate for working and learning in a fast-growing company.
- Excellent in communicating conceptual ideas and rationale.
- An understanding of UI/UX and an interest in the big social media platforms and their abilities/limitations
- Experience working with designers, developers, and team focused creative process
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff