Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Malwarebytes is looking for a top-notch UX Designer(Web). You are a natural collaborator and an excellent communicator, able to develop and present design ideas in a large team environment. The work that you will design will be seen and experienced by millions of people around the globe. You will envision how people experience our website and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, trustworthy and even magical. You will take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use design for our users. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers through the design process. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure the final product delights them.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with designers, engineers, product managers and cross-functional stakeholders to understand business requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions
- Plan and conduct practical, impactful user research throughout the entire product cycle, to answer the key questions from design, engineering, and marketing teams
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates. Communicate your design solutions with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high-fidelity prototypes
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years’ experience in planning and conducting insightful qualitative interviews directly with consumer and enterprise users
- Strong communication skills in collaborating with multidisciplinary teams (UX design, research, marketing, content strategy, engineering)
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, Miro, InVision, Zeplin)
- Understanding of technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for web responsiveness
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions
- Passionate for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Excellent in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build great working relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task with different priorities in parallel
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Competitive salary and equity stock incentives
- 401k + company match
- Open Time Off Policy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs
- Stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks, fruit, and lunch options (when it’s safe again!)