Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Malwarebytes is looking for a Site Reliability Engineering Intern to join our Infrastructure Platform SRE team. We build and maintain the cloud computing systems that Malwarebytes runs on. We’re looking for someone who wants to gain experience with deploying infrastructure as code, helping developers bring their software to market, and learning how to design defensible, scalable, enterprise systems. We’re passionate about learning and implementing new things and we’d like you to be, too. You’ll get the chance to refine existing infrastructure to make it better, as well as crafting the edge of our new technology. We have a wide portfolio of first-party applications written in languages including Python, Ruby, Go, and Node.js, and in this position, you’ll help bring this code to life by providing it with datastores, compute instances, and network connectivity. You’ll also work closely with the Tools Platform SRE team to define application and infrastructure observability, monitoring, automation, and instrumentation.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and support cloud infrastructure
- Partner with developers to prototype and deploy their code
- Work regularly with AWS, including ECS, EKS, RDS, Aurora, Timestream, and a variety of other popular services
- Use Jenkins, Terraform, Github, Python, and bash to build and manage systems
- Provide subject matter expertise to engineering teams
- Help improve our offerings by sharing your vision for the platform
- Work collaboratively with architecture and development leads to understand needs and provide guidance on technology selection
- Participate in an incident response engagement rotation in support of provided services
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Must be a fast learner with the ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Willing to continually learn new things and teach others
- Must have an agreeable personality, work well with others, and possess good communication and documentation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- AS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related discipline.
Nice to Have Skills:
- AWS Foundational Certification
- Understanding of networking fundamentals
- Experience with Terraform or Python, or other programming languages
- Knowledge of Linux fundamentals
- Willingness to work alongside developers to troubleshot production application issues
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff