Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
We are looking for a skilled pre-sales engineer located in the East Coast looking to change what the security market and customers believe is possible with a next-generation endpoint technology. You should be able to articulate how current endpoint security solutions are designed and deployed and why they are failing. As an integral part of the sales team who can quickly analyze customer computing environments and implementation specifics in a short meeting with a prospect and identify and position the value of Malwarebytes solutions in delivering world-class Endpoint Protection and Incident Response capabilities.
What You'll Do:
As a Malwarebytes Senior Pre-Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for presenting Malwarebytes security solutions to prospective customers. Including creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, creating evaluation test plans with customers, and then managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion. You will work closely with customers as their primary point of contact for feedback and resolution of issues and will be the customers' advocate for items that require assistance from the Malwarebytes Engineering, Customer Success and Support teams. You will also lead as the subject matter expert for two or more integration points in Malwarebytes' eco-system. You will work closely with customers as their primary point of contact for feedback and resolution of issues and will be the customers' advocate for items that require assistance from the Malwarebytes Engineering, Customer Success and Support teams. You will provide feedback to the Product Management team on feature requests and product enhancements communicated by our customer base. Extensive travel within the territory is required.
Skills You'll Need to Have:
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying prospective customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule
- Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents, consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements (value-based selling).
- Develops customer's staff by providing technical information and training
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customers on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising the customer on needed actions
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- 4-to-7 years of experience as a security consultant or engineer or admin (must be able to provide a technical demonstration of expertise in the interview process)
- Solid understanding of endpoint security, network/general security and Cybersecurity industry
- Ability to plan, develop and execute product implementations
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work with diverse professional clientele with varying skill levels and technical experience/competencies
- Ability to partner with internal resources outside of the department in a collaborative and advantageous manner
- Ability to research highly technical topics, pull together various sources into one concise summary and explain technical details clearly and concisely
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills and a can-do attitude
- Must have a passion for your work and an ability to apply that passion to both daily tasks and larger projects
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Effective problem-solving capabilities
- Takes the initiative and approaches all tasks and projects proactively
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple duties with little to no supervision
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability, and positive approach
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties