Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We have created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We are growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Malwarebytes is looking for a smart and highly motivated senior or principal software developer to join our growing endpoints team. In this role you will design and implement applications to observe Linux kernel activity (memory, process, file system, network) via kernel extensions (kprobe, kperf) and eBPF.
What You Will Do:
- Build high performance Linux OS applications using C/C++/containers
- Use kernel debugging and perf extensions (kprobe, kperf, eBPF) to gather data
- Test and ship applications to customers
- Provide support to customer escalations
- Collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders, Research, Product Managers, Platform, QE, SRE groups, and Data Scientists to build and ship great products
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong professional coding experience on Linux in C/C++
- Familiarity with OS internals and cyber security methods
- Strong experience in Linux kernel debugging using modern kernel extensions (kprobe, kperf)
- Experience in commercial application development (shipping software)
- Experience with Docker and/or other container runtime environments
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff