Bitmovin powers the world's largest OTT online video providers with innovative products that help developers around the world solve the most complex video problems.
We’re hiring a Solutions Architect to help our customers integrate our industry-leading encoding, player and analytics products into their streaming video services. The ideal Solutions Architect candidate is someone with strong hands-on full stack software engineering and web development experience designing customer-facing solutions and integrating SaaS products, preferably media tech products such as encoders, streaming media players, analytics, ad insertion, content management, DRM, CDN, etc.
This is an exciting and fast-paced customer-facing role and we are looking for candidates who are passionate about designing and executing complex technical integrations.
If you have these characteristics and a strong desire to apply your skills in a way that makes our customers outspoken Bitmovin fans, we want to meet you! Solutions Architects are responsible for helping new customers come up to speed quickly, ensuring they get the most out of our products, and helping them continue to develop and expand their streaming video services successfully.
This rewarding position offers a great opportunity to learn from working with a broad range of customers, technologies, and projects in the streaming video space, and a chance to interact with the most bleeding edge media and tech companies around the world.
As a Solutions Architect you will
- Advise our customers on how to implement Bitmovin’s encoding, player and analytics products into their video delivery systems and video streaming apps.
- Collaborate with our customers to discover and document solution requirements.
- Consult with our customers on Bitmovin API implementation strategies.
- Guide developers through technical software integrations using Bitmovin’s products.
- Troubleshoot, research and diagnose product integration issues by investigating logs, error messages, and network traces.
- Respond to complex technical questions and issues raised by our customers during the product integration process
- Build and maintain positive (and fun) relationships with the developers of our customers
- Collaborate with the global Bitmovin Solutions team to optimize our internal and external processes, tooling, and documentation
- Provide field intelligence to other Bitmovin teams, including Product and Engineering, to continuously improve our products
- Gain unique insights into the inner workings of the world’s most exciting media and tech companies
- Enable Bitmovin customers become wildly successful
It would be great if you have
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years customer-facing software integration and architecture experience delivering and supporting mission critical software systems in complex B2B environments
- 1-2 years web and mobile app development experience
- Experience with github, NPM, Webpack
- Experience working with REST-based Web API Services, HTTP protocols and using tools such as Charles Proxy/Wireshark to analyze network traffic
- Knowledge of JSON
- Experience working with HLS and DASH online video streams and server-side ad insertion
- Experience working with Azure and AWS cloud environments
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated experience using a consultative approach while engaging with customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience creating and delivering technical presentations to a variety of audiences
- Characteristics: Positive, highly motivated, “can-do” attitude
- Drive to be a key contributor, willing to go the extra mile to achieve desired results
- Full professional English proficiency
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU, US and APAC
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities
- Choose your own hardware
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including Ooyala, RTL, Pro7Sat1, Bouygues Telecom, Cloudflare, Technicolor, Televisa, Zattoo and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SALARY RANGE: $100,000 to $120,000 USD OTE
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!
Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired. Apply now