At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
The Camunda Cloud Sales Engineer is a highly visible technical expert in the pre-sales process of Camunda’s Cloud offering. Sales Engineering is responsible for demonstrating prospective customers how Camunda Cloud enables them to automate business processes and orchestrate services to gain the agility, visibility and scale that is needed to achieve digital transformation. This includes ownership of the technical part of the sales process by understanding technical requirements, introducing our technology and overcoming technical objections.
While the Camunda Cloud post-sales team is built out, you will take over initial customer enablement tasks like trainings.
You will work closely with our sales managers and the pre-sales teams in order to build a strong strategy to win the customer. The value of Camunda Cloud Sales Engineers is measured by a high conversion rate of prospects to Camunda Cloud customers.
For this role you should be very passionate about innovative software technologies and although you’re not an expert in coding you find yourself in front of a computer creating snippets and experimenting with new frameworks. You are particularly interested in distributed systems and cloud-native applications.
*This is a remote role and can be based anywhere in the United States
What you’ll do:
- Map customer requirements to the Camunda Cloud product stack to pick the best offering
- Proactively lead prospects’ technical evaluation in close relationship with sales managers
- Conduct and create product demos, proof of concepts, technical calls and Q&A sessions
- Take charge of Camunda team to complete RFI / RFP documents
- Create and maintain pre-sales content and technical artifacts
- Conduct technical trainings
- On-site (when it’s safe again) and remotely
What you’ll bring along:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a technical field (e.g., Information Systems, Business Informatics, Computer Science)
- You are passionate about technology and software engineering; you have a strong awareness of software architecture trends, microservices, event-driven architecture, etc.
- At least 2 years experience in a pre-sales role or a role that incorporates prospect/customer interactions in a comparable way
- At least 2 years experience with Java in enterprise software, preferably including Spring & Spring Boot experience
- Experience with major cloud providers preferably GCP
- Experience in B2B, SaaS or Enterprise Software markets
- Preferably experience with containerization and messaging technology like for example Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Kafka, RabbitMQ
- It's easy for you to communicate complex issues and products in a clear and concise manner
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
- Fluent English, a plus would be Spanish, Portuguese and/or German
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with 4.7 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/. Apply now