At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
We are looking for a People Operations Coordinator to be part of the team that oversees operational functions of our People team, and provide support to our employees, in the AMER Region.
The main responsibilities include enabling a world-class remote onboarding experience aligned with our hyper-growth in the region, creating and implementing new company policies and maintaining internal HR systems, and working closely with payroll to ensure our pay data is accurate.
You will be the face of the People Operations team in Canada, including the rest of the Americas, and will need to handle day-to-day employee queries.
To be successful in this role, you should have a passion for people and culture, an interest in operations, experience working with metrics, as well as relevant work experience in a fast-paced startup.
- Track the OKRs defined for the people team and track progress
- Monitor internal HR systems and databases, ensure they are efficient
- Review budgets and suggest improvements and cost-efficiency
- Design and implement company policies
- Benefits management: current benefits as well as research and propose new ones following industry trends
- Compiling and updating employee records in our HRIS
- Maintain the HR Management system up to date
- Act as a consultant to managers and staff regarding policies and procedures
- Create detailed reports on HR costs
- Recommend new software to address personnel needs, like performance review tools
- Work closely with the People & Culture Lead to improve the Culture at Hopin.
- Owner of the Onboarding for the EMEA/APAC region, defining new programs and improve existing ones to make sure our new joiners feel welcomed
- Address employees’ queries (e.g. on onboarding, HRIS and ATS, amongst others)
- Day to day administrative tasks around onboarding & employee experience
- Knowledge of Canadian HR Policies, laws, and procedures
- 5+ years of relevant People Ops experience
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems
- Ability to develop clear and fair company policies
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities
- Team player who can work cross-functionally across multiple departments.
- Someone who can manage multiple tasks at one time
- 3+ years of experience in People Ops experience in fast-paced tech startups
- Knowledge of HR processes, and labor law in Canada & the US
- Content writing skills
- Understanding of what it is like to work in a startup environment
- Experience with tools like Slack, ATS, HRIS, etc.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.