GetYourGuide is a world leading travel marketplace for tours and activities, and is rapidly expanding its business across the US, Canada and Latin America. We’re looking for an exceptional business operations leader to help build and shape this rapidly growing part of our global business.
As the Business Operations Manager for the Americas, you will be responsible for building and leading a central operations team to help us drive our growth in the US, Canada and Latin America, as well as act as the connective tissue between our Americas business and our central teams based in Berlin.
Based in New York City, you will directly lead (to start with) a team of Supply Operations Managers and indirectly manage people of other operational teams. Your team is key and the engine of GetYourGuide’s growth across these key markets.
- Create a long-term vision for our Americas Operations with key stakeholders and integrate it into the companies’ industry-leading initiatives
- Define the team strategy, expansion plans and big bets (incl. scope, structure and targets for the team)
- Identify, initiate and lead high priority projects for the region, serving as the link between local teams across the Americas and central teams based in Berlin HQ.
- Build, lead and develop the Business Operations Team(s) in the Americas to drive best in class performance
- Apply structured thinking to critical business questions, running deep analyses, generating key insights, and developing and executing on strategic initiatives.
- Accelerate our inventory acquisitions in the Americas and ensure its activation.
- Work with regional and cross-functional teams to optimize key processes for the region, from inventory acquisition, product integrations, to financial planning.
- Connect the dots between the supply and demand sides of GetYourGuide’s business, ensuring that the marketplace is well balanced and accelerating rapidly
- 5+ years of management consulting, Business Operations, FP&A or Startup experience, with a minimum of 3 years of direct people management experience.
- Exceptional analytical skills. You’re data first, and can easily break down large problems.
- Exceptional cross-functional leadership skills. You have experience managing a team that spans multiple functions, and are working in lock-step with senior stakeholders across product, marketing, sales and supply.
- You’re a true self-starter. You’re intellectually curious, and you thrive in environments where you’re given license to be proactive, rather than waiting to be handed tasks.
- You’re no stranger to prioritization. You are adept at adapting to meet the rapid pace of change in a fast growing business. You know how to foster successful prioritization in others - you know when to delegate, and when to get involved.
- Exceptional presentation skills - you have extensive experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences across the business, and the ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans.
- Autonomy to drive the success of one of our most important growth markets
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- International team with people from over 60 nationalities in offices all over the world in a diverse culture where you are constantly learning and growing
- Annual personal learning budget
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 20 days of paid vacation + Federal Holidays
- 401 (k) Plan (after 6 months employment)
Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English through the form below.
We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog Inside GetYourGuide, and for questions or comments we’d love to hear from you by emailing [email protected] Apply now