Modulr is looking for a Technical Architect to join our rapidly expanding technology team. You will be part of a scaling business, in a high-quality team that is working on new products and features, while solving interesting technical challenges. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high-growth environment with a fast-paced and collaborative culture where you will have access to the latest technologies.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the business payments sector – which moves $130trn annually. And businesses are no longer tolerating the slow, inefficient, and costly infrastructure provided by legacy institutions. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first services to enable modern business to eliminate historic hidden inefficiencies and build fast-to-market products on top of our award-winning payments platform.
Modulr was one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Startups to work for in the UK (2019) and was more recently recognised as a 2020 UK Best Workplace in May, 2020.
We were awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Four years old, we have offices in London, Edinburgh, and Dublin
- We have processed over 70 million transactions with a value of £50 billion of business payments to date
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product
About you and the role
Problem solving, collaboration and knowledge sharing skills are essential. It is important that you enjoy communicating in a clear and concise manner and can self-organise. You will consider yourself as someone who adapts positively to changing circumstances, is trusted to deliver, open to learning and is self-aware and self-motivated.
- Play a key role in leading the creation and documentation of high-level designs
- Oversee progress to ensure consistency with the original designs
- Participate in code reviews to drive best practice
- Provide technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to engineers
- Collaborate with product and engineers to determine functional and non-functional requirements
- Support with troubleshooting system issues
- Input on current and future technology, processes and standards with focus on continuous improvement
- Work with senior IT managers on planning for future IT requirements and roadmap
- Work collaboratively but also be comfortable working autonomously
- Be comfortable working with large requirements and approach these logically
Skills and experience:
- Experience of designing and building software solutions using Java (ideally Java 11 or newer)
- Knowledge of architectural patterns
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good relational database experience- PostgreSQL would be advantageous
- Experience with public cloud is essential and AWS would be highly desirable. Hands-on cloud deployment experience would be very helpful
- Experience of building a high-performance services-based platform
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, the work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to the collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working