Bitmovin provides API based Software that helps developers around the world to solve the most complex video problems with a video player library that plays everywhere. Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
Bitmovin is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Web Player Team. We’re building the HTML5-based player library powering Web Apps on desktop and mobile but also SmartTVs, Set-Top Boxes or gaming consoles like XBox One. The ideal candidate will have a strong software development background. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for tackling complex problems in a performant and maintainable way.
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will
- Be involved in all stages of development, from product ideation through architecture and execution
- Develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve issues
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional and performance tests
- Ensure quality by leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to stay ahead
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
It would be great if you have
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the product
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
It would be even better if you have
- Expertise in designing APIs
- Strong architecture skills
- Experience with framework/library development
- Familiarity with git, GitHub and Git Flow
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU and US
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Company laptops also for private use
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
- Lunch & Learn
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including Ooyala, RTL, Pro7Sat1, Bouygues Telecom, Cloudflare, Technicolor, Televisa, Zattoo and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.