Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for every one, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
The Business Applications team at Malwarebytes is responsible for Business Intelligence and Analytics for our business teams and executives. We provide governed, curated data through a Snowflake data warehouse– our Curated Data Store (CDS) – which needs creation and maintenance of definitions, categorizations, and documentation through our homegrown Data Dictionary application. The technical writer will work with multiple organizations to gather definitions of data, categorize, and add indicators that are used to control security access and advanced profiling for data science. Additional documentation and organization around the development projects may be needed.
This is a fully remote, work from home contract position with a 3-6 month duration.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn the Malwarebytes Data Dictionary tool—frontend inputs and backend analysis
- Inventory data objects and elements and work with multiple groups to gather definitions, characteristics, and security markings
- Work with Data Governance around documenting and tracking data policies like PII and confidential data
- Build metric reports around defined and governed data elements
- Look for opportunity to use Data Dictionary to access profiling processes to help with Data Science initiatives
- Help lay the groundwork on advanced metrics like LTV and CAC
- Help build impact analysis using the Data Dictionary as a way to draw lineage of sources from key reports to curated data to raw data to ELT processes
- Understand overall Business objectives of the Curated Data Store
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Detail oriented with a strong aptitude to organize and build classification schemas
- Strong communication skillset with advanced English verbal and written language aptitude
- Some experience with Python and/or SQL especially parsing of data
- Experience with Data Visualization and Data Modeling including reading and creating ERD mappings of a database
- The ability to organize a myriad of business groups to find consensus on definitions and metrics
- The ability to focus on repetitive tasks. This role will require some data entry and technical documentation
- Understanding of business concepts from finance to marketing to product
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with BI tools like Looker, Tableau, and Domo
- Experience with Advanced Analytics (AI, Big Data, etc.)
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Competitive salary and equity stock incentives
- 401k + company match
- Open Time Off Policy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs