At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
Team / Department description:
We are looking for the next great addition to our team as Contract Manager to support our business worldwide. If you have a passion for negotiating and drafting agreements, and the aim to further develop your skills on legal matters and your business acumen, then we want to hear from you!
This is a remote role with a preference for someone who is based in the Eastern or Central time zones. The role will report directly to our Head of Legal in Berlin, Germany. The Legal Counsel will be expected to work effectively in all directions: upward (to the Head of Legal and the executive team); outward (to the sales and engineering teams, procurement and IT, as well as to the company’s customers); and across the spectrum to other members of the legal team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Draft, negotiate, and conclude our outbound agreements (mainly software licensing and software as a service agreements) with our customers and partners in the US.
- Draft, negotiate, and conclude our inbound agreements worldwide, working closely with our internal IT and procurement department.
- Support Procurement and the legal department with data and contract maintenance.
- Support Procurement in drafting, implementing and enhancing their inbound contract processes.
- Understand Camunda’s products and services in order to identify risks, develop solutions, mitigation and negotiation strategies.
- Provide support in the corporate housekeeping of our international Camunda entities.
- Diligently ensure compliance and independently prioritize, organize, and manage legal projects, as well as day-to-day legal matters in various fields.
What you’ll bring along:
- Minimum of 4 years of contracts drafting, reviewing and negotiation experience at a software company.
- BA/BS required. JD, paralegal certificate, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial, licensing and other technology-related agreements.
- German language skills are a plus.
- Understanding of data privacy requirements.
- Proactive, dynamic and result driven individual with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to interface effectively with all business functions throughout the organization.
- Enthusiasm and "self-starter" qualities that enable the individual to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency; the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Superior analytical ability, project management experience, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage internal customer priorities and needs.
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with a 4.8 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval.
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment.
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off.
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows.
- Free German and English classes.
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application! Apply now