At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
The Camunda Developer Relations team exists to serve the Camunda developer community, from internal employees to Open Source contributors, Enterprise customers, and the broader tech community.
It is our goal to provide opportunities for developers to be more successful by making them aware of our solutions, enabling them to be successful through great experiences, and fostering a culture of collaboration.
Now we are looking for a Community Manager who’s passionate about scaling programs for our community. You’ll build on top of the platforms we already have to create an even more engaging experience for our community members at both in-person and online environments.
To find out more about our expectations for Community Managers, read our Director of Developer Relation’s blogpost about the DevRel Career Path: https://www.marythengvall.com/blog/2020/6/29/the-camunda-developer-relations-career-path
*This is a remote role and can be located anywhere in EMEA or US (Eastern Time preferred).
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage our global, volunteer-run Camunda user group/meetup program.
- Create a content strategy for our Champions Slack team as well as our Camunda Conferences Slack team.
- Work with Marketing to amplify the work and voices of our community.
- Be a “Community Cruise Director” -- always on the lookout for connections to be made between community members
What you’ll bring along:
- Natural people-person, driven by connections. You have a mental Rolodex of the people in the community as well as your coworkers. Once the extent of your knowledge is reached, you’re able to quickly identify the right people to connect with the community member.
- Data-driven: You’re able to identify success metrics for each of the initiatives you’re involved in and can quickly decide within a few iterations whether a particular way of approaching a problem is going to be successful or if another approach is necessary.
- Empathetic: Empathy is crucial. All members of this team must be willing to put themselves in our community’s shoes in order to effectively communicate, as well as communicate that feedback internally to the other stakeholders. You must also be able to handle difficult conversations with grace & professionalism
- Autonomous: You have the ability to work asynchronously with teams and cross-functional groups across timezones to accomplish a singular goal. You execute work in an autonomous way with little synchronous assistance.
- Clear communication skills: You can clearly communicate an answer, announcement, or correspondence in written form as well as spoken word.
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with a 4.8 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application! Apply now