As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
Hopin is seeking a new member to join our Customer Support team as a Customer Support Representative. This new member is someone who is self-driven, detail oriented and ambitious! We're looking for someone with strong experience in this field, able to make decisions on the go, supportive, innovative and a team player.
We're excited to work with someone who is comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy working on a fully remote team. We're currently a company of over 450, and you will be working within the support team.
We are looking for a new teammate who can work in the EMEA or Americas time zones. Preference given to weekend availability and those that can speak German and/or French
- Achieve and maintain expert knowledge on our product.
- Handle a substantial number of customer inquiries in a timely manner and to customer satisfaction within Zendesk.
- Guide customers through teaching them how to use Hopin and help them troubleshoot issues through video call, email, ticketing, live chat and social media.
- Collate customer feedback and communicate this to the product team.
- Communicate clearly in writing to both technical and non-technical customers with high attention to detail.
- Assist with successful on-boarding of new customers.
- Advise customers on how to most effectively use the platform and anticipate their needs.
- Always be friendly, helpful and supportive to customers.
- Strategise, find common patterns and make data-driven decisions on the product.
- Have a mindset geared towards the team and company goals.
- Attend team and company meetings as scheduled.
- Help improve our customer knowledge base and other support materials.
- Contribute to our internal support team resources, including writing canned responses, adding to our internal knowledge base and making suggestions for improving processes.
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Support
- 1+ years of experience working at a B2B SaaS company
- Fluent English speaker with outstanding written and verbal communication skills; ability to read, interpret and clarify customers' goals and craft thoughtful responses to help them achieve their goals
- Comfortable with customers via video and written communication
- Tech Savvy - love software, tech and are enthusiastic to learn a new platform
- Knowledge of GDPR compliance
- Ability to teach yourself new skills, competencies and find answers on your own
- Great problem-solving abilities - assess all options before making a decision
- Exceptional organization skills - you're used to juggling multiple priorities
- Can work in a high stress fast-paced environment
- Attentive and can anticipate the needs of customers
- Has a positive and uplifting attitude
- Multilingual in German or French
- Previous experience with a video platform
- Basic understanding of WebRTC and RTMP
- Experience working at a rapidly growing startup
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Slack
- Prior experience in using Zendesk
- Thursday - Monday from 3am - 11am UTC (9pm - 5am CDT)
- Thursday - Monday from 9am - 5pm UTC (3am - 11am CDT)
- Thursday - Monday from 4pm - 12am UTC (10am - 6pm CDT)
*Note: additional shifts may open, but not guaranteed.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.