As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
Hopin is seeking an experienced Network Engineer with hands-on expertise designing, managing and forecasting large scale, multi-region networks and content delivery systems. We are working to establish a coherent network strategy across our portfolio of products and support our rapidly growing global workforce.
We're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team.
- Work with product owners to understand network and content requirements
- Design and build rational multi-cloud, multi-region network
- Work with business owners to understand Edge Data patterns and needs
- Design and Optimize global data network including multi-cloud, multi-CDN and colocated systems
- Collaborate, advise and mentor SRE and Ops staff on network design and operations across all Hopin product teams
- Collaborate, advise and assist SecOps team in designing scalable and effective network security solutions
- Assist Financial Planning team in collecting, understanding and forecasting data usage and budget impacts
- Contribute to software development, continuous deployment and automation efforts
- 10+ years of experience managing large scale Network Systems and Infrastructure in customer facing environments
- Expert understanding of Content Delivery protocols (HLS, ALHLS, DASH, HTTP/2)
- Experience performing large scale traffic and route flow analysis
- Experience interfacing with transit vendors and network peers
- Production experience with Terraform and Kubernetes
- Demonstrable experience learning new technologies on your own
- Strong proficiency in scripting and programming languages (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Experience operating in a production hybrid cloud environment (AWS, GCP, colocated)
- Expertise managing networks in a containerized environment
- Experience automating commercial systems via JSON REST APIs
- Expertise designing and maintaining load balancing systems (Hardware, IaaS and Virtual)
- Strong experience in monitoring, metric collection & observability
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders - can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions
- Comfort with collaboration, reaching across teams, and focusing on business outcomes
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of Git, Gitlab and GitHub
- Experience managing infrastructure in Google Cloud
- Experience with enterprise logging solutions (ELK, Datadog, Splunk, etc)
- Configuration management expertise (Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Salt)
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.