As a Senior Backend Engineer, you'll join our growing Data Products team and have a chance to make a large impact, working on core products to optimize business metrics.
As an embedded member of our Recommendations & Relevance team, you will be a trusted partner to work on the data-powered challenges. You'll own your projects end-to-end and you'll be working on the architecture, algorithms, and putting Machine Learning solutions into production.
The Data Products team is composed of Data Scientists and Engineers and is responsible for the development and operations of the algorithms powering our marketplace. We aim to be at the cutting edge of data science and engineering and partner with business and product stakeholders to add intelligence to our products and platforms. We have touch points across the business and aim to develop end-to-end solutions.
- You'll be working on data science products in the domain of recommender systems and relevance ranking
- You'll be partnering/collaborating with Data Science experts to bring advanced algorithms into production
- You'll design and implement systems for scalable and more efficient machine learning solutions that are compatible with other services and maintainable by other teams
- Software Engineering: You have strong fundamentals in Computer Science and a polyglot mind-set. You have experience in Python (major) and Java (minor), with an enthusiasm and ability to migrate between various programming languages. A passion for delivering clean code and continuously learning about new tools, languages, and practices
- Data Science: You have experience working with Data Scientists and genuine interest in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, especially in relevancy and recommendations
- Business Experience: Strong ability to prioritize and manage stakeholders, as well as good communication and collaboration skills.
- Vision: You are able to turn ideas into reliable and maintainable code. A track record of result-driven work gives evidence of this. Experience on how to operate at scale and have a cloud DevOps / infrastructure mindset (Kubernetes)
- Autonomy: Ability to work autonomously and a proactive, ownership and customer-oriented mindset.
- Teamwork: A positive, pro-active team-oriented mindset, and a passion for mentoring and sharing knowledge
Nice to have:
- Prior experience with Apache Spark and/or Apache Airflow
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce or travel space
- Prior experience in scale-up environments and various technologies
- A genuine interest and understanding of Business- and Product-related challenges
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment where feedback and collaboration are key
- A modern infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes, Istio, Kafka) and a good DevOps mentality (you build it you own it)
- Solid Engineering and Data Science principles
- Smart and engaged co-workers - Take a look at our team video
- An English-speaking office with people from 60+ nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Relocation Assistance
You can also take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into our stack.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
You can get in touch with us via [email protected], and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.