At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
In the Automation Platform team
- We develop a BPMN process engine that executes critical business processes at our customers and community users.
- We develop powerful web applications that provide process operators with real-time insights into the running system
- We build libraries that make our product enjoyable for our core users: software developers. Most of the code we write is open source!
- We have a strong focus on good API design and we value the user perspective highly. That is a key to our already seven years of success with the product.
*This is a remote role and can be located anywhere in Europe.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and develop long-lasting APIs and features in the core process engine as well as it’s ecosystem of surrounding components (including public Java API, REST API, Spring Boot Starter)
- Integrate the APIs into our web applications and make them accessible to end users
- Be a technical sparring partner to other team members with the possibility to do mentoring
- If desired, engage with the Camunda community by publishing blog posts and presenting at community conferences and events
What you’ll bring along:
- 5+ years of experience as a full-stack or backend engineer
- Good knowledge of Java and technologies like Spring, Spring Boot and relational databases is a must
- A pragmatic and autonomous approach to programming and problem solving
- It would be great if you have an experience with AngularJS 1
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with a 4.8 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application! Apply now