Contentsquare is a global SaaS technology startup that empowers brands to build better digital experiences for all. We’ve been experiencing tremendous growth within the past few years as our team has grown from 300 to 750 employees, and have recently raised a $190M Series D funding in 2020. In addition, we have 7 main offices across the world (Paris, NYC, London, Tel Aviv, Munich, Tokyo, Singapore) with 700+ clients globally including many accounts from the global Fortune 100. We can tell you that this growth is not going to stop here, we still are looking for great talent like you to join our family!
Not to brag but… we have been recognized by Gartner as one of the four most innovative ecommerce technologies in the world, and featured in Wired Magazine as one of Europe’s hottest startups.
If you love what you see already, we can guarantee you will love us even more once you learn more about us!
About the opportunity:
We are seeking for our very first hands-on and experienced Global Labor & Employment Counsel in Contentsquare’s FR offices.
Reporting to the Associate General Counsel (Tal Shahar, located in the US), you will be in charge of managing all Company’s global labor matters as well as attending to all Company’s global compliance needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- You'll be the first point of contact for all global and local labor legal related matters in Contentsquare
- Focus on labor & employment matters related to all Contentsquare’s office locations in France, US, Israel, UK, Singapore and all other locations Contentsquare employs
- Enhance the strong relations and collaboration between the Legal department and the People department, including review and update of all processes in place and implementation of any new processes as needed
- Assist disciplinary cases (e.g. drafting dismissal letters, separation agreements, conducting interviews, investigations and audits).
- Lead local social legal relations materials including consultations, collective agreements, CSE and BDES (in France), staff representatives, etc.
- Periodically review and update Contentsquare employment agreement templates
- Be on top of all regulatory changes concerning labor law applicable in all relevant jurisdictions
- Build and maintain strong connection with external counsels for local legal labor related needs
- Manage Contentsquare global options and benefits program
- Advise on Contentsquare’s compliance with global laws and regulations related to labor & employment
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents related to labor & employment to identify possible weaknesses or risks
- Work with People department to ensure all employees are educated and trained on the latest labor & employment regulations and processes
- Lead, from the labor & employment side, any inception or inclusion of new subsidiaries in the Contentsquare group
- Assist from legal perspective employee VISA applications lead by the company
- Manage an internal knowledge base for global legal labor & employment matter
- Handle other project-based work within the scope of the legal department responsibilities on as-needed basis
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in private practice OR as a corporate attorney ideally in a similar position in the tech industry
- Fluent in French and English
- Deep understanding of complex labor laws and principles, at least in France + in another region
- Experience answering questionnaires related to global labor & employment laws
- Experience drafting and maintaining up-to-date labor & employment documentation (e.g. employment agreements, policies, procedures, training, presentations, etc.)
- Experience in handling and managing global options and benefits programs for employees globally
- Demonstrated experience providing practical, actionable counsel that balances legal risk and business impact in a dynamic environment
- Experience in project management and leading complex cross-functional team assignments
- You have a strong hands-on mindset and love working in a fast-moving, business-oriented environment typical of high-growth tech companies
- You have an in-depth understanding of global labor & employment matters in the tech industry and proven experience in such field
Why Should You Apply to Contentsquare?
✅ Our mission is focused on empowering everyone to create better experiences for all in the digital world.
✅ We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities, social events, philanthropic activities, and competitive benefits.
✅ You get to collaborate with and learn from smart and creative people around the globe.
✅ We are in this together #TeamSpirit.
To keep our employees happy and motivated, we are always assessing the benefits/perks we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are some we’d like to highlight:
- Virtual onboarding, Hackathon, and our annual kickoff trip on a global basis! You have the opportunity to interact with our global colleagues.
- Generous paid time-off policy (every location is different)
- We offer many benefits in various countries -- ask your recruiter for more information!
- Competitive parental leave policy (it can vary depending on geographic locations)
- Fun office culture with a big opportunity to make an impact on our growing global team, culture, including a Culture - Crew for every country to organize regular outings such as game nights, movie nights, and happy hours
#Uniqueness is embedded in our DNA as one of our core values, and we welcome everyone to apply to our positions.
Contentsquare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your personal data are used by Contentsquare for recruitment purposes only. Read our Job Candidate Privacy Notice to find out more about data protection at Contentsquare and your rights. Apply now