Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant will be a core member of the Finance team taking responsibility for regular bank sheet reconciliations, gross profit analysis, reporting including VAT returns, Fin Ops transactional support and accounting / system support for wider business projects. We are very open to all types of flexible working, please ask us at the interview stage.
- Be responsible for balance sheet recs with a focus on stock related accounts including stock, GRNI/GINR, trade creditors, supplier rebates etc
- Prepare VAT and sales tax returns
- Support during statutory audits
- Guide junior Fin Ops members (and Sales Ops) on accounting / pricing issues with particular focus on VAT, sales tax & duties
- Provide support across the business on BAU processes and input into cross-departmental projects as finance representative and liaise with NetSuite tech team.
- Support the CFO, Financial Controller and Financial Operations Manager with projects as required
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- VAT knowledge essential
- Excel essential
- Strong accounting system experience essential - NetSuite experience preferred
- Strong numeracy and communication skills
- Experience in management accountant or operational accountant role
- Experience in business with physical stock essential
- Vitality at Work + Private Medical Insurance plans
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Staff discounts
- Enhanced Parent Program + Parental Leave
- The Inclusive Threads DE&I Program
- 25 Days Holiday
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible working
Want to help build the future of luxury fashion commerce? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Threads is a creative, luxury fashion personal shopping and commerce business. Through social and chat-based media, we inspire our international client base to discover the rarest luxury items. We then search the globe to procure them for our clients; this is the future of retail.
Threads is in Tech City’s Future Fifty programme which recognises some of the UK’s fastest growing businesses, pioneering the best luxury shopping experience in the world!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Equity in selection practices
Threads practise equity in selection because we want to provide underrepresented groups with access to opportunities, and us, access to great people. We ask candidates to share their demographic data in the application so that we can prioritise under represented groups in the first part of our selection process to provide an equitable funnel. All candidate offers are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If we have two candidates at the final stage, we choose the best candidate for the job.
We are a Disability Confident Employer, and have committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We are working towards improved employment practices to ensure those with disabilities receive full and fair consideration for all types of vacancies as well as for training, career development and promotion. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer providing employment opportunities for people with disabilities. Apply now