We are looking for an experienced People Partner to work closely with the People Partner Team and Chief People Officer in supporting a client group across London and Edinburgh.
This role will be part of the broader People Function which is responsible for developing and implementing HR projects and initiatives across Modulr. Building close working relationships with managers within in client group to provide support throughout the entire employment lifecycle.
This role is perfect for someone looking to build on their Business partner experience and would like to gain exposure to a growing business.
Modulr aim to be a leading fintech employer in Europe and are therefore dedicated to hiring the very best talent and providing a superior employee experience. We are currently undergoing fast scaling and are looking to significantly increase headcount over the coming 12 months. Growth will focus on the core UK business, the commitments made to deliver new products and services, as well as plans for European expansion throughout 2021.
What you will do:
- Support client group with their recruitment needs and the process, work with the inhouse Recruitment team and People administrator to ensure that the candidates a successful onboarding experience, which includes the appropriate contract, manage all visa and immigration requirements, ensuring compliance with Home Office guidelines.
- Work with the People administrator to support and guild line managers with the probation process of new employees.
- Prepare management reports for Business leaders, CPO and broader HR team to support with decision making, accountability and planning employee initiatives as required.
- Work with broader People team to initiate, develop, implement and continuously improve employee related policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain relationships with managers in business areas responsibility.
- Advise line managers and employees on aspects of the performance review process, from how to have good performance conversations, supporting managers through promotion decisions and identifying under performers.
- Coach managers on employee related matters, providing expert advice on a wide range of HR matters and escalate more complex matters where necessary.
- Manage employee relation cases such as, grievances, disciplinaries and performance management
- Direct managers and employees to appropriate guidance channels and act as a point of escalation for key People matters or issues that arise within business area
- Support the development and execution of strategy and plans from a People perspective, such as Engagement, Culture, Leadership and Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Provide commentary on the performance of the assigned business area
- Ensure the delivery of core HR services
Knowledge & Skills we are interested in;
- A good working knowledge of HR with a previous role that included responsibilities in ER, performance management, stakeholder management
- Ideally have experience in financial services, professional services or scale up business
- Experience of working in an International setting would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills and superb attention to detail is a must!
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Capacity to work efficiently and stay calm under pressure.
- Ability to deal with confidential information and always maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to work independently and problem solve effectively.
- A flexible, can-do attitude with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Good IT literacy (Microsoft Office, Excel, HR systems)
We value knowledge and experience - and so are more interested in finding out about your skills and expertise than your academic qualifications!
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working