Brandwatch is the global leader in social and digital consumer intelligence, working with the biggest brands and most admired agencies worldwide – 39 of the Fortune 100 are clients.
Recently named a leader in The Forrester Wave™, we build smart software solutions that help capture, understand and share insights from millions of conversations across the web and beyond. Home to over 500 people worldwide with offices in 10 locations, Brandwatch is a place that motivates and supports its staff to find answers to new problems in an ever changing social and digital world. Brandwatch is part of Cision Ltd—a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals.
*This is Remote position which requires candidates to have the right to work and be based in England.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work within a cross-skilled agile team in our Engineering department, contributing directly to our flagship product Consumer Research. You will test to improve existing and new features, working closely not only with back-end and front-end engineers across the entire department, but also with product and delivery managers, data scientists and designers.
- Participate in the software development life cycle from beginning to end
- Identify, analyze, and report application defects and assist development with resolution
- Work in an Agile development environment
- Write and execute test cases, and document results
- Verify that corrective actions meet quality objectives
- View log files, understand them and assist developer in finding root-cause of the bug
- Assist with investigating potential bugs, issues, etc in the production environment
- Define required testing scope and test scenarios, and review with developers and product management
- Contribute to automation test suites to support new functionality as well as regression coverage
- Support and contribute to QA team by sharing best practices, learnings, and providing peer QA code reviews
- 1+ years of practical experience testing web applications from front end to back end with working knowledge of several related technologies (HTML, XML, CSS, HTTP, SSL, REST, Web Browsers, Web Servers, Application Servers etc.)
- Knowledge of test management, test development, and/or test process
- Experience with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution
- Working knowledge of SDLC and the following QA methods: unit, integration, functional regression and system testing
- Self-starter able to quickly learn new applications, tools, and technologies, and desire to become a product expert
- Attention to detail, outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment and maintain a professional attitude with team members
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a collaborative environment
Nice To Have
- SQL programming and database technologies
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Bash, Perl, Python etc.
- Practical knowledge test automation libraries/tools/frameworks like RestAssured, Puppeteer/Cypress and Junit/TestNG/Jest
- Knows how to work with Git or similar code versioning tool
- Knowledge of Behavior Driven Testing methodologies like Cucumber
- Understanding of Kafka, Solr, Lucene, Redis, PostgreSQL is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
At Brandwatch, we offer flexible and remote working, a competitive benefits package, an extensive people development program, including LinkedIn Learning for every employee and in-house courses such as our Brandwatch Leadership Development program, and community-focused groups, such as our Diversity & Inclusion and Green committees.
Working at Brandwatch: Our values are about being authentic, bold, and creative. And we believe these values are best embodied by enabling people to do their best work in an environment that works for them. Whether fully remote, within one of our global offices, or a combination of the two, we have the tools and resources to make working to these values both possible and enjoyable.
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process. Apply now