At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our geographically distributed team and work on the research and development of new product segments and engineering methodologies
- Engineer secure, reliable, and distributed backend systems
- Suggest architectural or product feature improvements in a greenfield context
- Improve application management to support scalable and widespread deployment
Domino is built on Scala and Play, Node and React; we use Docker containers orchestrated by Kubernetes. Ideally we'd like to find someone who is comfortable with these technologies, but we are always excited to meet great engineers who can quickly learn new technologies.
What your impact will be
- Work with our small research team to design and implement new products or product improvements
- Guide projects from conception to delivery
- Ship clean, well-crafted code and maintain overall high quality of work
- Tackle the ambitious technical challenges on our roadmap
- Balance product roadmaps and technical debt
What We Look For in This Role
- 6+ years experience in software engineering
- Prior experience with enterprise software
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding or equivalent technical experience
- Expert knowledge of Scala or Java, familiarity with Play or Spring
- Experience working with authentication/security technologies
- Knowledge of Node and React
- Familiarity with Terraform, AWS, and/or Kubernetes
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible. At Domino, everything is a work-in- progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply