Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for every one, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
Malwarebytes is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer intern to join our Tools Platform SRE team. We are looking for someone who is looking to gain experience building reusable code and helping developers on-board with self-service tooling. An ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about building reusable automation and tooling for engineering teams while working directly with developers to build and deploy software to the cloud. On this team you will gain experience with software development with a Python focus and building integrations for engineering teams. You will also work with configuration management and infrastructure as code tools like Terraform, Helm, and Ansible.
We are always experimenting with new technologies, so a desire and ability to explore the unknown is a must.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and support automation tools and custom integrations for consumption across Malwarebytes engineering
- Build and support Jenkins shared libraries for CI/CD pipelines for consumption Malwarebytes engineering
- Work regularly with AWS APIs
- Work with Jenkins Configuration as Code (CaSC), Terraform, Groovy, Python, and Bash to build and manage systems
- Work on tools and CI/CD feature requests submitted by Dev and other SRE teams
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- AS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related discipline or at least 2 years of experience in IT infrastructure services, Software development or related field. Additional training, technical certification, and/or experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Must be a fast learner with the ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Willing to continually learn new software and teach others
- Must have an agreeable personality, work well with others, and possess good communication and documentation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Prior experience with AWS
- Prior experience with the concepts of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Helm, or similar)
- Prior experience developing in Python, or another programming language
- Prior knowledge of Linux fundamentals
- Willingness to work alongside developers to troubleshot production application issues
Skills you will develop during the internship:
- Learn about source control, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment strategies
- Enhance your Python scripting skills
- Learn about AWS and AWS APIs by automating manual processes
- Enhance your interpersonal and communication skills
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- Private Health Insurance
- Stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks, fruit, and lunch options (when it’s safe again!)
- Parking Available