Domino has an ambitious vision to change data science. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Zetta Venture Partners, Bloomberg Beta, and In-Q-Tel, we are accelerating research at the world’s most analytical organizations including Allstate, Johnson and Johnson, Bristol Myers Squibb, and S&P Capital IQ. Our platform provides access to scalable compute resources, compounds knowledge through a unique version management system, and delivers insights rapidly through a host of publishing tools. In short, Domino’s mission is to unleash the power of data science to address the world's most important challenges and improve people's lives.
Our Technical Support Engineers are product and infrastructure wizards who work with customers to help fulfill that mission. As a TSE (Technical Support Engineer), you will be the customer liaison to our Engineering organization. You will field incoming questions, help users configure Domino, and help them understand how to use our products’ features. You will help monitor the performance of Domino systems, making sure our customers have the appropriate infrastructure to complete their work successfully. You will also troubleshoot technical issues, remediate customer problems, and share your useful insights with others via our growing knowledge base.
Ultimately, your role is to help our customers improve their research by capitalizing on Domino’s functionality, and the best practices our platform enables.
- Manage customer issues related to the installation, configuration, and implementation of Domino products on a timely basis, provide effective and clear communication, and establish appropriate expectations with clients. NOTE: Most issues are logged via Web and Email (written).
- Diagnose and resolve production and pre-production problems
- Assist in the installation and configuration of packages and databases
- Investigate performance-related issues
- Conduct live meetings with customers via Zoom or telephone as necessary
- Ensure customers are effectively represented to our Product Management and Engineering teams by writing actionable, detailed Defect reports and Enhancement requests in Jira
- Write and review technical knowledge base articles, FAQs, examples, and how-to’s for publication to a customer and company knowledge system
- Bachelor's degree in science or technology, preferably computer science
- Excellent customer service skills, empathy, and a sense of urgency
- Great debugging, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Time management: the ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks simultaneously
- Professional experience troubleshooting, maintaining, or developing data-driven applications
- The ability to learn quickly
- The capacity for empathy and effective dialogue with demanding enterprise clients
- Experience in a system administration or devops role is a plus
- Broad experience with the following technologies is also strongly desired for this role:
- Familiarity with the Linux command line and server administration
- AWS, Azure, GCP
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Python and/or R
- Ubuntu and/or CentOS
- Hadoop and/or Spark
- Ability to read source code (especially Scala) is a plus
- Integrity, and a desire to honor all commitments
- A “tinkerer’s mentality:” passion for exploring exciting new technologies
- Timeliness: a sense of urgency when interacting with customers
- A talent for managing customers’ expectations
- A drive to achieve new and great things
- An understanding of the importance of maintaining a collaborative environment, sharing knowledge with customers and peers, etc.
- Ability to multitask, effectively “switch gears”, and manage multiple issues, actions, and time-critical tasks