This is an exciting role, managing all our SEO activities across the business, and across our global audience. It sits within the performance marketing team who are managing and executing digital marketing activities across Biddable Media, Paid Social, Affiliates and CRM. The SEO team is responsible for a large portion of the company’s revenues and crucially important in helping to build awareness of the brand and driving new sign ups. We are looking for someone to deliver a strong SEO vision and roadmap that keeps up with the company’s big growth goals across new geographies, craft verticals and new brands. SEO is a cross-functional effort and this role requires a senior leader who has the expertise, credibility and influence to make it happen.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Devise and execute the SEO strategy (including on-page, offsite and technical SEO) to deliver high levels of measurable growth in organic revenues and email signups.
- Put the right resources in place to manage the business through a replatforming with no adverse impact on SEO
- Team leadership; managing and developing a team of 4 plus external agencies, to deliver the SEO strategy
- Ensure the right resources are in place for delivering SEO strategy either through additional agency support or new roles in house
- Work closely with the brand and content teams to ensure the content marketing strategy aligns with the SEO strategy and measure efforts to ensure it’s working
- Cross-functional influencing across the business e.g. collaborating with the tech team, product content team and category managers to ensure SEO is considered and optimised where possible
- Collaborate with PPC team and other channel owners to share learnings, increase effectiveness, and reduce costs
- Responsible for ensuring necessary reporting is in place and creating forecasts to inform business planning and budgeting
- A smart, kind, maker; you are excited by the opportunity to develop yourself and your team, you take ownership of delivering results and you’re not fazed by a fast-paced and changeable environment
- A proven track record of consistently delivering results as a hands-on SEO practitioner, including excellent on-page and offsite knowledge, increased traffic, sales and profit growth
- Good understanding of technical SEO - able to identify, prioritise and specify technical SEO requirements through up to date knowledge of how site code and site delivery impacts SEO
- Experience working with development teams to ensure SEO objectives are met
- Experienced people manager, comfortable inspiring, motivating and organising a team and holding a leadership role with influence over cross-functional teams
- Experienced at managing international sites and multiple sites within a portfolio, replatforming experience a bonus
- Experienced at forecasting and reporting; strongly analytical and data-driven
- Great influencer who has a knack of ensuring the importance of SEO and it’s work is prioritised across the business
What we're offering
- Home-based while lockdown continues, Central London office as hub thereafter.
- Coaching and mentoring from some major e-commerce experts - there's an awful lot of talent and experience in our team. And we really prioritise everyone’s need for personal development
- The opportunity to join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Share Options, pension plan, private healthcare and cash plan
- 25 holiday days pro rata and a day off for your birthday
- Inspiring, motivated and supportive team
- Plenty of opportunity to learn and grow your craft
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (Skyscanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Diversity is important at LoveCrafts. We aim to attract the widest range of talent into our business to enable us to create an inclusive working environment, and to reflect and understand our customers and their needs. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We aim to create a modern, flexible work environment that supports everyone to do their best work and therefore, we are open to having conversations about flexible working for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected and where all of our employees have equal opportunity to grow and attain their full potential. Apply now