As a Governance Data Analyst at Modulr you will contribute to change across the organisation as we pivot to a data-driven business. You will assist digital transformation and the data principles framework maintenance that support Data across the Company. As part of that you will work closely with data engineering to enhance and optimise our data systems and processes.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures
- We have offices in London, Edinburgh, Amsterdam and Dublin
- We have processed over 70m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Shortlisted for ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
The key tasks of your role will include:
- Managing the activities required to create or maintain the Modulr Data principles framework
- Assisting on the development of data business cases for Data project work
- Monitor and report on data principles related performances and issues
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to enhance and optimise data flows and datasets
About You: To join us as a Data Governance Analyst, you’ll need:
- Passionate about digital transformation
- You have an inquisitive mind and proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- You’re passionate about data; finding new ways to use that data to support rapid business growth and are eager to help shape the direction and scope of a growing company.
- You enjoy group work and working independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, and are willing to take ownership and responsibility of key business processes.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever’s required to achieve the goals of the team and wider business.
- You’re structured and organised, able to handle the competing pressures of immediate tasks and alongside longer-term projects.
- An excellent communicator, you can translate complex processes into plain English.
- You’re comfortable working in an early-stage business, where time is critical, and things change frequently.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and sharing your ideas about how we can improve
Skills needed to be suceesful:
- Knowledge of Data Governance and Data Quality
- Experience in Data Management and reporting
- Experience in Requirements management & Project and documentation management
What will give you the edge over other candidates:
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- You have 2+ years’ experience on data quality or similar level data analysis experience required
- Strong understanding of databases and data structures
- Understanding of privacy laws and regulations
- Having worked for a scale-up, fast moving company would be desirable
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working