As a Data Engineer at Modulr you will contribute to change across the organisation as we pivot to a data-driven business. You will have a mathematical and statistical mind, that is creative and curious about the business. The role will give you exposure to distinct aspects of our business and it will be range from optimisation and enhancement of our data flows to close collaboration with our data principles team to assist on aspects of our support data framework.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures
- Four years old, we have offices in London, Edinburgh and Dublin
- We have processed over 70m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Shortlisted for ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
The key tasks of your role will include:
- Building and maintaining the infrastructure that supports the solution of data business problems
- Assisting in optimising and enhancing our workflows to add value to our BI and Data Science products
- Working with BI and Data Science to develop data models and pipelines
- Assisting on data principles work, including governance, data management and data architecture
About You: To join us as a Data Engineer, you’ll need to:
- Be passionate about digital transformation and data; finding new ways to use that data to support rapid business growth and are eager to help shape the direction and scope of a growing company
- To have an inquisitive mind and proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- You love rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever’s required to achieve the goals of the team and wider business
- Structured and organised, able to handle the competing pressures of immediate tasks and alongside longer-term projects
- An excellent communicator, you can translate complex processes into plain English
- Comfortable working in an early-stage business, where time is critical, and things change frequently
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge and sharing your ideas about how we can improve
Skills necessary for the role:
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python)
- Experience with data visualization/exploration tools
- Hands-on experience with SQL
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Experience building or maintaining ETL processes
- Customer-centric attitude
What will give you the edge over other candidates:
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem
- Experience working as a data engineer for a scale-up, fast moving company
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working