Building on its presence in the UK and Ireland and to further its European expansion, Modulr established a new commercial, operational and regulatory hub in Amsterdam which has a small but growing team in areas including Finance, Operations, Compliance and – most recently – Business Development. In addition, Modulr NL employs some talent which contributes to the growth of the wider Group (e.g. Product) through its Dutch entity.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- Named an official Best Workplace by Great Places to Work in 2020
- Ranked as the second fastest growing tech company in the UK by Dun & Bradstreet
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures
- Five years old, Modulr has offices in London, Edinburgh, Dublin and Amsterdam.
- We have processed over 80m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Most recently won ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
The key tasks of your role will include:
Modulr is recruiting a tenacious, collaborative experienced Business Development team to enable its growth in Europe. Ideally bringing experience of the SaaS, Travel, FinTech or Payroll Services sectors. We’re looking for smart and motivated contributors to join us in our mission to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy.
This is a new role. The emphasis will be on accelerating and closing out sales. BDM's receive qualified prospects from the generation team and are responsible for the overall new business sales lifecycle of Modulr prospects.
About You: To join us as a Business Development Manager, you’ll need:
- 2+ years experience of selling within the payments sector, this can be across acquiring, issuing, payment or processing.
- A strong, proven track record of performance against targets in solution-based environment. Previous experience in an SME start-up or FinTech environment is an advantage.
- Tenacity and discipline to follow-up with passion and respect.
- Team-player attitude with a desire to improve internal processes beyond your day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to ‘get things done’ in a flexible, dynamic organisation.
- Collaborative approach with strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise and thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication – written and verbal.
- Comfortable working in a scaling business, where time is critical, and things can change.
- Flexible approach to work, are open minded and enjoy working in a fast paced and environment.
- Languages: Fluency in English required; Spanish or Dutch desired
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offers competitive packages and our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working.
- Highly competitive salary + bonus
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting. You’ll gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture. Apply now