About the role and about You:
Established in 2014 as a tech business, we are now expanding and are in the process of developing ground breaking Zwift hardware. This is a big and exciting change for us, and because of this, we are looking to build a global Supply Chain team.
We will be scaling the business and our supply chain quickly, so this role is designed to enable us to make our newly developed supply chain effective, across planning, sourcing, production and logistics.
We are seeking a Global Sourcing Manager to drive world class sourcing activities in our fast-growing, non-traditional, technology company.
Depending on your area of expertise, you may be responsible for actively sourcing a variety of components including metal, plastic, and electrical for our products. Moreover, you will build strong relationships and develop suppliers that will provide high quality, quick turnaround time, optimized pricing and payment terms and the best support for Zwift.
Analytical: You will seek, collect and analyze quotations for both technical and commercial requirements and provide robust recommendations to support decision making. You are able to evaluate suppliers for alignment in culture and business strategy so that they share our vision to achieve what may be considered impossible and win together.
Collaborative: You are a strong stakeholder manager, are able to understand colleagues’ needs and drive and deliver results. You coordinate with engineering to understand upcoming build requirements and BOM changes. You work closely with planning to validate demand profiles and timing. You understand and influence the supply chain to bring in materials to plan. You partner with our suppliers and manufacturers to ensure interactions are mutually beneficial.
Commercial Excellence: You possess excellent negotiation and troubleshooting skills. You demonstrate self-motivation to determine the appropriate sourcing strategies, leveraging your network and various lead sources. You have exceptionally high integrity and willingness to drill down to root causes to achieve win/win.
You help establish repeatable and scalable practices to support our company’s rapid growth. However, we are not focused on constricting rules and wasteful processes so you are able to bring demonstrated experience to imaginatively address assignments of all complexity levels.
We are an ever-changing, non-traditional organization and we encourage disruptive and creative approaches to solving problems. We are looking for team members that can look at a problem/opportunity and bring breakthrough ideas.
This opportunity is for you if:
- When people want to know something about a part, you are the “go-to” person.
- You love to network and have never felt limited by taking on a new area because of lack of previous exposure
- If the numbers tell you that one of your suppliers is not executing to plan your approach is to verify the data and pick up the phone/drive/fly to solve the problem
- When strategies or plans change you may be briefly annoyed but are able to quickly and effectively figure a way forward
- You are usually the first in your personal network to try out the latest technology
What you’ll do:
- Identify potential suppliers in mechanical, plastic and electronic components
- Create and execute supplier recruitment plan and pipeline of new suppliers for new products introduction (NPI) and existing products cost down
- Execute and support of materials sourcing plans for each stage of product development, pilot and manufacturing launch
- Develop and lead supplier to complete the AVL qualification
- Manage all AVL qualification activities including NDA, supplier manual, qualification scoring and audits, provide drawings from engineering to vendors, lead and drive for quotations
- Summarize quotations and provide recommendation for Operations and Engineering for final vendor selection
- Develop sourcing strategies and determining when single vs. multiple source is appropriate
- Support supplier DFx and quotation process for all components through all stages of development by providing guidance to the global sourcing team and suppliers. Ensure that data and design documents are accurate and complete through daily interaction with Design Engineers. Lead Production sourcing activities by coordinating and tracking production tooling and parts requirements.
- Drive discussions with strategic suppliers and key internal functional teams to appropriately influence sourcing decisions, achieving optimal cost, and delivery goals
- Provide input regarding operational & materials matters that affect the supply chain
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering, Production Engineer, Program Management, and suppliers to design and procure manufacturing tools, jigs, and fixtures and ensure timely delivery to meet program schedule needs.
- Collaborate with Program Management and Operations to meet program ROI targets; supporting and reporting BOM cost, NRE, and Transformation Costs.
- Support capital tooling projects from concept and financial justification through to component approval.
- Support Production Test Equipment and Tooling budget
- Support and track BOM Costs and annual cost down targets
- Support operations and engineering teams to achieve cost, quality and reliability of externally sourced components and sub-assemblies to meet cost targets, quality standards and warranty periods.
- Manage supplier and vendor relationship, arrange visit and be the gateway to communicate between the company and suppliers
- Active sourcing and enlarge supplier pool via supplier visit, trade show and all other means
- Source, plan and attend trade shows to active source and promote company from a sourcing perspective
- Coordinate with manufacturing, sub-contractors and suppliers for the procurement and specification of components for use in new development projects.
What we’re looking for:
- BS or MS in Engineering, Supply Chain
- 3-5 years of Sourcing and Vendor management experience with proficiency in supply chain concepts
- Experience with materials aligned to fitness equipment e.g. pedals, plastics, sensors, batteries, screens or similar electro-mechanical or electrical categories
- Good presentation skills and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with Arena or similar tools preferred
- Dedication to detail and accuracy
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English, Mandarin)
- Willingness and capable of traveling internationally
- A proven track record of high self-integrity
- Proactive and self-driven
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.