About the role and about You:
Do you enjoy cycling and running? Do you have a “let’s do this” attitude and love working with a multilingual & culturally diverse group of people? Do you have a passionate heart, yet able to keep your head cool?
Most of all, do you get excited when you see your team’s work in prints, videos, and other outlets? And, are you proud of your work?
Please join and work with great teams, who are open to ideas, improvements and love to clap their hands and say, “we can do this” when challenges are thrown at them.
Our localization team supports marketing, creative content, game & mobile app, and web front as well as the backend. This position is responsible for managing projects from initiation to delivery and release; working with project & asset owners, translation agencies and linguists.
You will touch, control and interact with almost every discipline in the localization processes and practices. This is a great opportunity for localization professional & specialist for personal growth as well as the career, while contributing to the company's global expansion goals and objectives.
A knowledge and passion for e-sports and global user experiences, and consumer products is essential.
The working environment is very fast paced, requiring the ability to manage workload with aggressive delivery schedules.
In addition to project management, other responsibilities include understanding, managing and assigning cycling & running terminologies, working as a team member with other contributors and target market SMEs. Strong communication and collaboration skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities are a must.
What you’ll do:
- Manage TM, Glossary, TMS & backup and regular maintenance
- Schedule and assign projects to linguists, and ensure the deadlines are met
- Be a localization evangelist to both stakeholders and the linguists on the process and requirements
- Interact & manage linguists, manage vendors to ensure project flow, and create workflow to ensure quality assurance
- Analyse the projects before assignments to identify potential risks, contexts, DNTs, tone & voice
- Communicate with cross functional teams, understand the needs for a project, and customize the workflow
- Ensure meeting deadlines, QAed before the delivery & release.
What we’re looking for:
- +3 years of management experience with Client Side Localization
- CMS experiences
- Effective communication skills. Must be able to articulate the workflow and the process effectively to the point.
- Native fluency in one of the following languages: French, German, Japanese and Spanish.
- Know how to use TMS, such as Worldserver, memsource and MemoQ. Understanding of TM and glossary. Need to be able to identify terminologies to be assigned to the linguists to compile glossary.
- Must know how to create workflows using Visio or Miro.
- Knowledge of project management tools, MS projects, Monday, Smartsheet
- Proficiency and understanding of different localization requirements in file formats, cvs, PO, xliff, JSON, etc.
- Growth mindset with a positive attitude is a must. Be respectful to different roles, teams, languages, and culture. You love being thrown into different subject matters, and enjoy learning new things and ideas, and being able to take them to the next level.
- Cycling, Running & Tri experiences is a huge plus
- Basic proficiency in JSON, html, xml and various email tools is a huge plus
- Knowledge in software development project cycle and agile development
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.