About the role and about You:
Established in 2014 as a tech business, we are now expanding and are in the process of developing ground breaking Zwift hardware. This is a big and exciting change for us, and because of this, we are looking to build a global Supply Chain team.
We will be scaling the business and our supply chain quickly, so this role is designed to enable us to make our newly developed supply chain effective, across planning, sourcing, production and logistics.
You will be engaged in the design and development of new products, manufacturing methods, processes, tooling and jigs for Zwift. The candidate will work with a global cross-functional team to meet aggressive performance, cost and schedule goals for a wide variety of products.
This opportunity is for you if:
You are passionate about creating new products and you find it exciting to develop new production methods. Long takt times and manufacturing yield loss drives you nuts.
You are the go-to person everyone goes to for manufacturing problem solving and you thrive in mission critical challenging situations where failure is never an option.
Your design thinking is a blend of Engineering, Quality, and Operations; you are an Excel power user able to quickly model and accurately construct tools with minimal inputs, you can design mechanical systems and components and are comfortable soliciting feedback throughout the process.
What you'll do:
- Contribution to and implementation of best practices in mechanical design and documentation
- Interface with or management of outside resources for design (as necessary), prototyping, and testing of new fixtures and concepts
- Hands-on cradle to grave process of designing and implementing new mechanical or manufacturing systems
- The creation of 2D drawings, BOMs, and other documentation necessary for implementation
- Evaluation and aid in the selection of vendors for custom fixtures and equipment
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting observational studies and experiments
- Ability to apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, materials, and solicited observations from line operators to develop and conduct studies
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements - researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods and establishing standards across sub-assemblies, finished goods, and process capabilities
What we're looking for:
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Operations.
- Min. 2 years of professional experience in mechanical systems design directed toward consumer hard products (lighting desired but not necessary.)
- Min. 2 years of professional experience in manufacturing environment directed toward consumer hard products (lighting desired but not necessary.)
- Min. 2 years of professional experience in design of manufacturing tools, jigs, fixtures and related systems directed toward consumer hard products (lighting desired but not necessary.)
- Demonstrated professional experience in working with manufacturing technologies including but not limited to injection molded and extruded plastics, die cast and extruded aluminum, stamping, forming, and welding of tube and sheet metal.
- Exposure and experience in secondary and finishing operations including by not limited to post mold/cast machining, anodization, painting, hard coating, and vacuum metalization.
- Experience with products requiring electronics packaging, thermal management, and aesthetic requirements desired.
- Proficiency with mechanical CAD (Pro/E, Solidworks, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (less than 20%)
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.