About the role and about You:
As a part of the People team, you will support and create Watopian-facing communications. (Watopians are what we call our employees!) You will partner with the Sr. Manager, Internal Communications to create content and align communications across the business to ensure we develop the resources employees need and share the engagement opportunities available to our Watopians.
The ideal candidate should recognize the impact of communications, always considering ways to be more inclusive and drive belonging. You should be enthusiastic and committed to crafting a stellar employee experience, while pushing yourself to learn and grow, developing communications solutions to further connect our Watopians.
You will also support a range of communications activities including supporting internal events, company-wide meetings and announcements, supporting content creation and organization of our company intranet, and helping us further our action on our dedication to diversity and inclusion, along with other day-to-day tasks.
You will have an exceptional opportunity to help grow your career while driving change across many facets of the business. The team is passionately focused on building our brand, supporting our people, and finding innovative ways to engage and retain Watopians.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the creation and implementation of end-to-end communications strategy: providing structure, sharing information, and creating resources that all point back to our values and help us develop our business goals.
- Support in crafting and developing content for internal platforms (intranet, email, Slack) as well as resources to support these communications.
- Collaborate with leaders across the business to support their communications initiatives: developing communications plans and drafting internal communications, with the goal of delivering engaging material in a timely manner.
- Writing and editing material, including announcements, slide decks, speaking notes, change comms, process and procedure documents, newsletters, etc. for a variety of internal audiences.
- Assist with the day-to-day content creation and distribution, including coordinating asset creation and collection, participating in the ideation, and assisting with our communications cascade.
- Take on special projects as needed to support the ongoing evolution of communication needs.
What we’re looking for:
- 4 to 5 years of demonstrated ability in a similar role in Communications.
- A strong writer who can quickly understand and articulate what we need employees to know, and do; experience with distilling complex ideas into simple and compelling communications; and be attentive to detail.
- Able to deliver succinct talking points and superb written communications for leaders.
- A nimble self-starter: we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Stuff changes fast in our world so you’ll need to be highly adaptable, calm under pressure, and able to drive progress amid ambiguity.
- Dedication to and passion for the employee experience.
- Strong interpersonal and creative skills.
- Desire to build content that is inclusive and drives belonging.
- Can anticipate messaging needs and move projects forward with quick turnaround, prioritizing accordingly.
- Organized with attention to details combined with good project management skills.
- Adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and juggling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to partner with people across all teams and levels in a professional and friendly manner.
- Desire to learn through doing.
- Proficient in Google Workspace (formerly Google Suite).
- Previous experience at a startup or tech company.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.