Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA or US remote (in select states)
About the role and about You:
We are looking for a gifted Senior Game Designer with deep experience creating and evolving social game systems and toolsets. The ideal candidate has extensive experience designing persistent social grouping systems such as guilds, clubs, and teams, supporting both cooperative and competitive experiences. We’re looking for someone with a highly collaborative approach, comfortable partnering across all disciplines.
What you’ll do:
- Design & tune game features & systems, especially related to core social experiences
- Advise and partner with the Game Directors to ensure optimal integration across all features and systems
- Collaborate with product managers, producers, engineers, UX and other designers to ensure that each new feature and initiative maps effectively into the broader game ecosystem
- Create clear, actionable design docs & presentations; incorporate insights from peer disciplines
- Own feature & system design reviews, iteration process, and presentations to leadership; call out risks and incorporate feedback
- Partner with product managers and producers to ensure accurate scoping, scheduling and on-time deliveries
- Stay on top of competitive products in the interactive fitness space as well as the AAA video game market
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years experience in features & systems design for games, with multiple shipped titles
- 5+ years working on live games, preferably cross-platform MMOs & including agile development methodologies
- Superlative documentation and presentation skills
- A significant portfolio of social gameplay design (persistent grouping systems such as guilds or clubs, cooperative and competitive social experiences, etc.)
- A diplomatic & inclusive temperament with a cross-discipline approach to problem-solving
- Comfortable with ambiguity, a lightning-fast pace, and a high degree of ownership
- Finalists will be required to provide design samples and complete an assignment
- Experience shipping cross-platform games, especially: iOS, tvOS, Android, Mac, and PC.
- A passion for fitness and health, especially related to cycling & running
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.