Reports to: Senior Director Sourcing
About the role and about You:
Come join one of the fastest growing firms in the US!
Established in 2014 as a tech business, we are now expanding and are in the process of developing ground-breaking Zwift hardware. This is a big and exciting change for us, and because of this, we are looking to build a global Supply Chain team.
We will be scaling the business and our supply chain quickly, so this role is designed to enable us to make our newly developed supply chain effective, across planning, sourcing, production, and logistics.
What you’ll do:
The Senior GSM ME will be a key member in supporting Zwift’s new product development and mass production supply chain. We are seeking a motivated and experienced Sourcing resource to play a critical role in our fast-growing, non-traditional, technology company.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying supplier candidates, developing relationships with strategic suppliers, owning the supplier qualification process, and acting as the primary liaison between Zwift and our partners. You will be responsible for actively sourcing mechanical components and/or solutions for our product roadmap. You will work closely with external suppliers, internal team members and capable of building relationships and driving performance.
Strong and effective communications skills are required as you inform the team about strategic sourcing projects and providing them with a comprehensive project status report. Your support will be continuous towards improving initiatives supporting the business unit’s overall performance to objectives and goals.
Since we are designing and developing ground-breaking FitTech technologies that are paving the way in gaming and fitness, knowledge of sourcing suppliers, obtaining samples, and quotes for an Engineering department is crucial.
You will also be responsible to support vendor strategies, identifying and developing strategically important suppliers. Assist with the location and development of suppliers domestically and in low-cost regions, and engage suppliers in projects to improve quality, lead time, and price/terms.
You will also research new packaging innovations/technology and recommend cost saving opportunities, develop efficient tracking tools and comprehensive spend reports for senior management.
- Establish a foundation of best-practice and scalable procurement strategies, processes, systems, and visibility to support a lean and agile supply chain
- Establish and improve relationships with existing and new suppliers to reduce cost, improve quality and responsiveness
- Lead the technical requirements evaluation of new and existing supplier products and materials, interfacing with engineering and the CTO
- Define and implement target number of approved sources, geography optimization, allocation splits and sole-sourcing strategies and tactics
- Perform supplier risk analysis, site audits and capability assessment
- Lead continuous materials improvement activities to reduce total costs by researching options, providing best solutions, and promoting DFM activities/feedback by suppliers
- Identify and/or support initiatives to improve material flow, evaluate capacity and manage material obsolescence
- Own executive BOM COG reviews and establish and achieve cost down targets
- Perform cost analyses for make/buy decisions
- Work closely with the quality and engineering teams for implementation of quality processes and procedures
- Support the purchasing operation and assist as needed with supplier de-commits and pull-in requests
- Support development engineering lifecycle, mass production ramp, sustaining and end-of-life vendor-related activities
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree; particular interest in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Engineering disciplines
- 5 years recent component or materials sourcing and vendor management experience
- Experience in sourcing products within mechanical categories i.e. Injection moulding, Forging, Welding, Motors, Batteries, Power Supplies, Electrical Mechanical etc.
- Experience working with a supplier base in the Far East
- Experience in working for North America-based companies with global teams and vendors
- Experience in leading teams preferred (while this role is initially an individual contributor role, the sourcing team will require more resources as the company grows)
- Strong stakeholder management skills, able to demonstrate examples of strategic collaboration with internal and external teams to deliver projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of work instructions, electrical, and mechanical specifications, and contract review
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and supply chain concepts and their applications
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage partnerships
- Results driven attitude
- Self-managed and motivated to succeed
- Willing to travel to Asia to meet suppliers once restrictions have lifted
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.