Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for every one, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
Malwarebytes is looking for a collaborative, motivated, and inspiring individual to join the integral data science engineering team as a Senior Big Data Engineer. You will get to work on cutting edge Big Data technologies, build world class frameworks, and work with strong data engineers on figuring out new and evolving technologies. You will work with the data scientists, data analysts and other stakeholders company-wide to tackle and solve interesting challenges to ensure that we are able to combat all arising threats for millions of customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Build Java or Scala frameworks to support the Big Data infrastructure
- Build and maintain streaming data inductions while improving current data induction and data processing framework
- Help with real-time and/or serverless architecture
- Extend the data exchange framework on Apache Kafka
- Work on proof of concept for various technologies in building near real-time data pipelines and BigData pipelines
- Participate in our agile/scrum process
- Be a team player who collaborates with cross functional business teams and technical product teams to execute on platform roadmap initiatives
- Support your fellow developers; proactively communicate, document, unit-test, and peer review
- Collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders, Research, Product Managers, Platform, QE, SRE groups, and Data Scientists
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in Java and J2EE Technologies.
- 3+ years of strong experience with Java Spring framework including Sprint Boot
- 3+ years or working experience in Big Data
- Strong Experience with Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams and building streaming pipelines
- 2+ years working on AWS cloud services
- Experience designing production REST APIs
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience using SQL and NoSQL databases
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Competitive salary and equity stock incentives
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Sports coverage
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs
- Stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks, fruit, and lunch options (when it’s safe again!)
- Parking Available
- Relocation Assistance Provided