Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for every one, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
As a Sr. Dev. Manager, you will fill a critical role in driving a vision for software development operations and positioning our engineering team for long-term scaling and growth. You will enable exceptional performance of the team and build structures/systems to ensure our success is repeatable, consistent, and scalable. You will collaborate with leaders across the business to identify priorities and mitigate risks. You will empower our software developers to maximize their impact and will own the results they deliver. You strive for engineering excellence. You work collaboratively across multiple geographical locations. You mentor software developers and enable their best work. You have a passion for working with technical teams delivering complex consumer and enterprise products, and fostering a collaborative, results-driven, and sustainable team culture.
You are driven to create best in class products.
What You Will Do:
- Manage multiple software development teams responsible for delivering Malwarebytes’ flagship Windows core technologies and products
- Hire, build and develop the best software developers in the world
- Collaborate with Product and Test Engineering to deliver an ambitious roadmap on time and with high quality
- Oversee management of overall platform architecture with senior engineering staff
- Implement team-wide standards and procedures for mature development practices and engineering excellence, with a focus on quality, predictability, repeatability, and scalability
- Be the voice and champion of your teams
- Build features and functionalities required to have best-in-class products
- Track and manage engineering KPIs to objectively assess and tune team performance
- Build a culture of craftsmanship, ownership, innovation, accountability and fairness
- Set expectations on delivery both upstream and downstream of your team in an agile environment.
Skills and Experience You Need to Have
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 4+ years of experience managing the software development life cycle for a team
- 4+ years of experience managing a team with direct reports
- 5+ years of experience as a Windows software developer on a software engineering team, preferably a product engineering team
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritizations in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills that cross both team and geographical boundaries
- Successful track record of developing and shipping commercial products for Windows
- Organizational skills to support managing of multiple parallel projects spanning across different engineering teams
- Fluency in Windows programming using C++ or C#
- Background in the cybersecurity industry a plus
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Competitive salary and equity stock incentives
- 401k + company match
- Open Time Off Policy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs
- Stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks, fruit, and lunch options (when it’s safe again!)