Your daily workout
We are looking for an Embedded IoT Engineer (C++ / Yocto Linux / RTOS) who wants to promote our vision “To make the gym work for everyone!” by contributing to core software components which drive our equipment device fleet. Are you up for that new challenge? Join our agile Machine Infrastructure team of 6 Engineers in our Munich office!
- You will have a direct impact on the operation of our next-generation connected fitness equipment, working as part of our machine infrastructure team
- You develop high-quality software, specializing in embedded linux systems and IoT cloud infrastructure
- You participate in various phases of an agile development process, including architecture design, planning, testing, documentation, and deployment
- You constantly learn and share this knowledge with our team
Your fitness level
- You have 5+ years of experience with Embedded Systems
- You possess expertise in modern C++ software development in an embedded ecosystem
- You are experienced in at least one of these areas or you are eager to gain that knowledge:
- Real-time operating systems
- Firmware development with C/C++, using GCC, Clang or Keil
- Boost, Yocto Linux, ARM SoC’s
- Digital Signal Processing or Modern Control Systems
- You enjoy balancing innovation and pragmatism, while constantly striving for simplicity and high quality
- You have experience with scripting languages such as Bash and Python, build tooling with CMake
- You care about clarity: in code, commits, documentation, and communication. You start with building tests and finish with automated testing
Your training goal for your first 6 months
- You take ownership of the machine firmware domain; understanding the various architectures; deliver on product requirements and features; and improving testability and functionality
- You are able to participate in the service duty rotation; coming in close contact with the service team to assist with any issues that are reported in the field
- You familiarized yourself with the EGYM ecosystem and the role of the different teams in the software engineering department
- You become a known and well-respected member of the Machine Infrastructure domain and the engineering department
The equipment we provide
- Enjoy coffee, tea and fresh fruit for free
- Use state of the art laptops (MacOS, Linux, Windows? You can pick your weapon of choice!)
- Be part of a motivated, ambitious and international team that uses English as a working language
- Work with our modern tech-stack across various layers, such as: C, C++17/20, Rust, Go, Kubernetes, Docker and GCP
- Enjoy home office possibilities, lots of flexibility and 30 days of vacation
- Be part of a fast-growing company with a flat hierarchy structure & little bureaucracy
- Take advantage of a large network of gyms throughout Germany for a discounted membership fee and train in over 4000 sports and health facilities or use our in-house gym at the Munich location with a selection of EGYM Smart Strength and Smart Flex equipment
Apply now with your documents (CV, certificates, references, salary expectations, and earliest possible start date) and specify the job ID #909.
Contact: Liska Kürten
For further information: https://career.egym.com The data privacy statement for our recruiting process applies.
Become part of EGYM!EGYM also offers subscription-based corporate wellness solutions built on a combination of gym-access and EGYM fitness programs that directly target costly chronic conditions and boost employee health, leading to higher productivity and well-being.
EGYM is a global fitness technology leader providing fitness and health facilities with intelligent workout solutions. EGYM makes exercising smarter and more efficient with its comprehensive suite of connected gym equipment and digital products that integrate seamlessly with 3rd-party-hard- and software. The result is a fully connected training experience that drives measurable business and health outcomes on and off the training floor.
EGYM's global headquarters are in Munich, Germany, with North American offices in Boulder, Colorado. Apply now