We’re looking for an Executive Assistant to support our growing team at Farewill. Your mission in this role is to enable our CEO (and also the rest of the Exec team: COO, CFO, CPTO, VP Commercial, Chief of Staff) to focus on the work that only they can do.
You’ll be uniquely placed to reduce Exec time spent on admin, surface pressing matters, and create documentation that is accurate, comprehensive, up-to-date and organised. You’ll ensure that nothing falls through the cracks of Exec roles & responsibilities. You’ll play a vital role in ensuring the Exec, and therefore Farewill as a company, operates as effectively and sustainably as possible.
What you’ll be doing:
In the next 12 months you will:
- Triage and respond to emails on behalf of the CEO and other Execs
- Schedule meetings, both internally and externally
- Plan the logistics of Exec offsites, including booking venues and arranging food
- Occasionally help with personal admin e.g. booking appointments
- Write notes during meetings and follow up on action points
- Act as a point of contact between the Exec and the rest of the company
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- Organised & reliable, with attention to detail. Those who work with you have complete confidence that everything is in hand. You’re comfortable juggling and prioritise to-dos, even when things are fast-paced or high pressure.
- Discretion. You’re experienced with being privy to sensitive information and keeping it confidential. You have a knack for knowing how and when to broach tricky topics with people.
- Relationship management. You’re skilled at communicating with clarity & positivity. You know how to push back on stakeholders whilst remaining calm. You make people feel like they can and want to contact you.
- Problem-solving. You’re quick thinking and resourceful. You’re capable of resolving a wide range of issues and comfortable working independently and act quickly.
- Discerning & business savvy. You have an awareness and understanding of company goals. You regularly use these to inform how you prioritise your own work, and also to judge what to bring to the Exec for their attention vs protecting their time.
What we offer in return:
We care deeply about the experience of every member of the Farewill team. Whatever we’re asking for your support with, you can count on us to do so with respect and kindness. We’ll value your input and make sure you’re not overwhelmed by your workload. We’ll carve out time for you to focus on your own development, with support from your manager.
- Competitive salary and generous stock options. To keep things fair, we make offers based on our salary bands. For this role, we’re likely to offer between £40,000 - £60,000 based on where you fit in. Please let us know your expectations when you apply.
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office*
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership!
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience!
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone.
To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us feels like they can be themselves, bring their whole selves to work, and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible/remote working options. And, If you need any flexibility or adjustments in our interview process - to help set you up for success - then please let us know too.
Dealing with death — losing a parent, a partner or a best friend — is the hardest thing most people ever go through. For too long, it’s been a dreary affair with top hats, paperwork, and bureaucracy. We think it’s time for things to change.
At Farewill we build the best products in the world for dealing with death. Beautifully designed, easy to use, built for taking care of the people you love.
One of the fastest-growing startups in the UK, in the last 12 months we’ve:
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product - our will-writing service - in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We're also making waves in the charity world, with over £300 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe - from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Augmentum, Kindred Capital, and (in our Series B round that we closed mid-2020) Highland Europe.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.