Here at Huel, we are proud to be supplying our consumers with real food that contains the highest quality ingredients, sourced in the most ethical manner. It is really important to us that we only work with suppliers and manufacturing partners who share the same values and goals as we do.
We are one of the fastest growing food and drinks brands in the market, and we have no plans to slow down. We have a huge pipeline of innovation and now we need to build our teams to help us keep up with it. As part of our expansion, we are looking for another Ingredients Technical Manager to join our technical team, who will help to source and approve the right ingredients and suppliers for all our current and new products.
You’ll work closely with the NPD and Procurement team day to day at our HQ in Tring - Hertfordshire, but there will be lots of opportunity to travel across the UK, and also internationally to meet with our existing and new suppliers.
What you will be doing
- Taking responsibility for reviewing and maintaining current risk assessments of all ingredients.
- Making sure the ingredients we source meet Huel standards by reviewing and approving raw material supply chains and specifications.
- Continually refining and reviewing the testing procedure for ingredients to ensure finished product conformance to specification and legal requirements.
- Maintaining the ingredient supplier approval procedure, including auditing of the supply base.
- Supporting the product development and procurement teams by advising on the suitability of and the sourcing of ingredients.
- Working alongside product technical managers to ensure that the finished product consistently meets the required standards using the appropriate ingredients.
- Building strong relationships with our suppliers, setting and monitoring adherence to quality standards and being able to effectively resolve any issues with suppliers in a professional and efficient manner.
- Providing ingredient technical support internally to other areas of the business.
What we are looking for
- First and foremost, you will have a great understanding of ingredient functionality and have good experience in ingredient sourcing and approval.
- Good auditing skills are key, ideally with lead auditor experience and good negotiating and influencing skills.
- A food science or related degree is preferred, with experience in undertaking BRC/TACCP & VACCP/HACCP risk assessments.
- Experience working in various food manufacturing sectors will help, and having a strong understanding of food legislation in the UK, EU and ideally the US.
- As we mentioned, we’re growing exceptionally fast, so you will have to have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be personable and have strong relationship building skills.
What we can offer you
We work hard at Huel and we like to reward our team for it, so alongside free Huel to keep you going, you can expect;
- Flexible working with options to suit your day and your routine.
- Share options in the company
- ‘Huel Learn’ - our commitment to bettering your career
- Private healthcare and pension schemes, for your own peace of mind
- Like going to the gym? No problem, we have a free on-site gym and we will give you your own nutrition plan to help achieve those goals.
- Quarterly events to celebrate success, and even the opportunity to bring your dog into the office too! Did we mention we love animals?