Huel has an excellent reputation for the highest standards of customer service; being able to service our customers all over the world is crucial to our continued success. We’re looking for a Production Manager to join our Operations team, to control the planning and management of our finished goods production plans at our growing collection of manufacturing partners.
With the support of your team, you’ll plan finished goods production for all formats and all regions; build operational relationships with your factories around the world to deliver great service to Huel and our customers; and liaise with key internal stakeholders (including Procurement, Materials, Technical, Logistics and Innovation) to ensure we’re delivering the right products to the right place at the right time.
You’ll be crucial to Huel’s future success, bringing the global planning team on their journey to being ‘best in class’ by establishing best practices, trouble-shooting and developing out the manufacturing operation as we propel the business forward on its rocket-ship growth journey.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Delivering on our customer promise of ‘never out of stock’: ensuring we’re planning finished goods at appropriate levels to balance cost and availability, supporting the continued sales growth of our business
- With your team, producing weekly, monthly and annual production plans which adhere to our expected stockholding targets (and adjusting them when needed)
- Reviewing operational capacity vs demand: planning ahead to deliver seasonal peaks, including liaising with other teams to ensure sufficient manufacturing capacity is secured for the future
- Building strong, direct operational relationships to ensure Huel get the best service out of our chosen manufacturing partners
- Trouble-shooting issues at the root cause, to ensure smooth day-to-day running of your area
- Working closely with your immediate colleagues to ensure inbound material is in place and outbound logistics are planned appropriately.
- Developing and coaching your direct team and related functions to share knowledge, best practices and ways-of-working for the future
- Finding operational efficiencies; whether to drive cost-savings, increased capacity or improved waste %s.
- Supporting new initiatives – whether on-boarding a new manufacturer or launching a new product – as needed
- Delivering wider business reporting on stock coverage and value
- With your team, ensuring production reporting is available from sites and flushed through Huel’s MRP and Finance systems
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years experience of out-sourced production management, preferably in a food or drink-based FMCG business
- Proven track record of success in rapid-growth, high-performance companies
- Experienced line manager
- Educated to degree level
- Extremely organised with excellent attention to detail
- Super communication and relationship-building skills
- Enthusiasm and strong work ethic are essential
- Flexibility will be key, everyone wears a lot of hats and requirements change all the time
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, take responsibility, and get the job done
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment where you can have a real impact from day one
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Optional private healthcare
- Free Huel
(NO AGENCIES PLEASE)