We’re on a mission to make nutritionally complete, sustainable, food as accessible as possible. Being available in retail stores is crucial in our drive to bring Huel to new audiences and new shoppers - we believe that Huel is the meal deal of the future!
We first launched into retail channels in 2019 and we’re now in over 2,500 UK stores - but we’re only just getting started. We’re committed to driving our distribution much further as well launching exciting, game changing NPD in the coming years.
To help us accelerate our UK retail expansion, we are now looking for a UK Grocery Manager to join our sales team. You will build strong strategic relationships with top grocers including Tesco, Sainsbury and Ocado whilst also winning and onboarding new Grocery customers.
You’ll be working on our Huel Ready-to-drink bottles (the perfect on-the-go-lunch) as well as selling in our exciting new products and ranges. This is your opportunity to be an integral part of Huel’s journey and build your career within the #1 fastest growing UK Food & Beverage brand as listed in the Sunday Time Fast Track 100 for 2021.
What you will do
- Day-to-day you’ll have account management responsibilities of our existing Grocery customers. You’ll build strong, strategic relationships that help drive rapid growth for Huel and for the category.
- We have no plans to stop growing, so you’ll need to identify and win new Grocery targets, onboard them, and then nurture the ongoing relationship.
- You’ll have full P&L responsibility and you’ll be expected to deliver and surpass our budgeted financial and distribution targets.
- Track Huel’s performance within the context of the category. You’ll be expected to understand the key drivers of performance and be able to succinctly share the insights internally and with the customers. The customers will see you as someone who has their finger on the pulse and is a reliable source of insight.
- You’ll be analysing data to help build your sales presentations and to identify the opportunities for growth and development.
- Accurately forecast so we can remain in stock and so we can plan effectively.
What we are looking for
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 2 years experience working with grocery customers either as a NAM or an NAE and be able to demonstrate your success in this.
- As one of the faces of Huel, you will need to be passionate about the brand and super excited about the prospect of driving growth over the coming few years.
- Being a high-growth SME still in our youth, we're all hands on deck here, so you will need to be a proactive self-starter with drive and intuition.
- Excellent communication skills are going to be a top priority to ensure you can influence with high impact at all levels within a business.
- You’re going to be great at building rapport with customers, but still be able to have the difficult conversations when you need to. You’ll need to be a strong negotiator who is comfortable under pressure and can remain calm.
- Numbers. Numbers. Numbers. Being commercially astute is going to be the key to joining our sales team. You’ll have a thorough understanding of the P&L and be confident with your figures. You’ll also be able to analyse data to identify opportunities and create selling stories.
What we can offer you
We work hard at Huel and we like to reward our team for it, so alongside unlimited free Huel to keep you going, you can expect;
- Flexible working with options to suit your day and your routine.
- Share options in the company
- ‘Huel Learn’ - our commitment to bettering your career
- Private healthcare and pension schemes, for your own peace of mind
- Like going to the gym? No problem, we have a free on-site gym and we will give you your own nutrition plan to help achieve those goals.
- Quarterly events to celebrate success, and even the opportunity to bring your dog into the office too! Did we mention we love animals?