At Jampp, we solve the most complex and large-scale technological challenges on mobile advertising today. We process over 1,000,000 ad requests per second, which amounts to over 150TB of data per day, across three global data centers. We rely on real-time machine learning models (with billions of features) that give us predictions in less than 100ms. If you are excited about building real-time data pipelines capable of handling billion events daily and helping scale our machine learning infrastructure, Jampp might be the right place for you!
As a Data Engineer you will design, build and operate large scale data infrastructure systems across all environments to store, aggregate and process large amounts of data, creating our next-generation data infrastructure.
If you have strong developing skills in Python, Go or Scala and you feel challenged to work in a fast paced environment, you might be the new Jampper we are looking for!
Jampp is a remote-first company. For this position, it means that you can work remotely from any part of Argentina.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Contribute to the development of Jampp's data infrastructure by designing and building scalable distributed data processing systems.
- Design and implement ETL processes from a wide variety of sources.
- Work closely with Data Scientists to design and maintain scalable data models and their associated data pipelines.
- Contribute to guarantee data consistency and reliability among all Jampp's systems and machine learning inputs
- Benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and track data quality and consistency proposing solutions to improve them
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Build and evolve the tools that empower colleagues across the company to access data and build reliable and scalable transformations.
- Write a unified data access layer that abstracts away regionality, underlying s3 layout, table format technology
- Continuing to lower the latency and bridge the gap between our production systems and our data warehouse by rethinking and optimizing our core data ingestion jobs
- Create robust and easy to use unit testing infrastructure for batch processing pipelines
- Build a framework and tools to re-architect data pipelines to run more incrementally
- We track over 50 billion in-app events per month
- Our Hadoop clusters can query over 600 TB of raw and processed data in S3
- Our Hadoop clusters process 3000+ ad hoc queries per day and 600+ ETL executions
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
At Jampp we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds and skills as we believe that the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
- 3+ years of programming experience in Python, Go or Java/Scala.
- 2+ years experience designing and developing distributed systems for large-scale data processing.
- Experience using the AWS Big Data stack (Kinesis, EMR, Redshift, Lambda, etc).
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, and Presto.
- Rock-solid knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Experience with Docker.
- Feel very comfortable sharing knowledge and coaching more junior team members.
- Bonus: English skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- 📱Learn a ton about the hottest area of growth in Internet advertising - Mobile!
- 💰Competitive salary
- 📈 A great level of responsibility from day one and the chance to develop your potential without limitations.
- 💪🏼 An entrepreneurial environment.
- A dynamic remote-first work culture with the possibility of accessing coworking spaces as needed.
- 🤓 A structured remote onboarding process and continuous training with a supportive team. We win together!
- Work with a talented global team that you can constantly learn from! We have jamppers from 🇧🇷🇬🇧🇺🇸🇮🇪🇫🇷🇩🇪🇦🇷🇷🇺... our customers are not the only ones from around the globe 😉
- 😎 Cool swag and team activities (even when working from home!)
WHO WE ARE
Jampp is the programmatic platform of choice for the fastest growing on-demand companies worldwide.
In 2013, we noticed the chaos surrounding mobile performance advertising and wanted to change it, somehow. We built a suite of growth products that unlock programmatic advertising for some of the biggest names in mobile (like Uber, Rappi, iFood, & Postmates to name a few).
We’re a team of builders - engineers, data architects, designers, and entrepreneurs - who love what we do.
We serve a global customer base from our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, São Paulo, Singapore, and Buenos Aires. Apply now