Jampp is the growth platform of choice for on-demand apps worldwide: we unlock programmatic advertising to drive incremental performance. A demand-side platform (DSP) at heart, the technical challenges we face every day are huge: from processing over 1 million auctions per second in less than 40ms each, to efficiently storing over 150TB of events’ data daily, to continuously choosing the optimal price level for 300+ campaigns spending several million dollars every month in a constantly changing market, there’s never a boring day at Jampp!
We are looking for the most curious Data Analysts out there, to help us deepen our understanding of the real-time bidding market. Along the way, we will help you master the fundamentals of database querying, polish your visualization and presentation skills, and apply your statistical chops to real-world use cases with datasets far larger than anything you’ve seen before.
If you want to take your career to the next level, working in a demanding yet friendly environment in which “learning new techniques” is part and parcel of your daily routine, you have to come work with us!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You’ll be working alongside our Product and Data Science teams, performing a wide range of analyses to inform our business decisions while also keeping an eye on the overall performance of our clients’ campaigns and our teams’ systems. You’ll learn to:
- Constantly & quickly understand the programmatic advertising industry & our business model in particular
- Perform a variety of analyses in order to answer specific questions with empirical data to back your findings (e.g. “How do ‘daily unique users’ and ‘cost per click’ correlate for our top-1000 apps in terms of spend?”).
- Explore, analyse, and neatly summarise your findings about more open-ended, investigative topics , such as having any systemic bias in our CTR predictions.
- Present your findings in a clear, concise and compelling way to your peers & stakeholders.
- Identify what skills you feel lacking in order to give answers to some of the more complex problems we face, and spend time developing them.
- Work in a self-sufficient, autonomous manner as far as you can, however, don’t hesitate to ask for help.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are not embarrassed to ask clear questions about the topic at hand until you feel confident you understand it, and then go at it on your own.
- You are constantly trying to one-up your own work, by learning more effective ways to do the same, or by learning new techniques that open up opportunities.
- You have a keen eye for detecting potential pitfalls in your assumptions and results, even before presenting them.
- You have a sense of responsibility and ownership over the product: you naturally strive to find fresh insights on topics you find relevant to the business.
- You feel comfortable interacting and collaborating with other teams to understand their needs and improve mutual communication.
- You feel comfortable writing well-structured, presentation-level reports and executive summaries to support your work and have quality results.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
At Jampp we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds and skills as we believe that the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
We want to work with the most proactive & curious people out there, not the ones with the most gold medals, so none of these are exclusive. We are willing to train you on what is necessary!
- Working knowledge of common data analysis and visualization techniques, preferably in Python or any other well known programming language. Experience with Python’s “scientific stack” is a bonus (numpy, pandas, matplotib, scikit-learn).
- Familiarity with basic concepts of modern relational databases (types of joins, window functions, etc.)
- An advanced or complete degree in any field that emphasizes quantitative analysis: Computer Science & Math are good, but so do Biology, Medicine and even Psychology!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Build up your resumé working with a leading company in the hottest area of growth in Internet advertising - Mobile!📱
- 💰 Competitive salary
- A dynamic remote-first work culture with the possibility of accessing coworking spaces as needed.
- 📈 A great level of responsibility from day one and the chance to develop your potential without limitations.
- 💪🏼 An entrepreneurial environment.
- Work with a talented global team that you can constantly learn from! We have jamppers from 🇧🇷🇬🇧🇺🇸🇮🇪🇫🇷🇩🇪🇦🇷🇷🇺... our customers are not the only ones from around the globe 😉
- 🤓 A structured remote onboarding process and continuous training with a supportive team. We win together!
- 😎 Cool swag and team activities (even when working from home!)