Modulr are currently recruiting experienced Engineers to help us continue to scale our DevOps team. You will be working in a tight-knit, high-quality function. You have the experience to succeed in a fascinating and relevant market, and the skills to support the rapid delivery and scaling of new functionality – enabling the adding of new services for clients and helping the business to grow.
In this varied role, you’ll be involved in all aspects of site reliability engineering – from investigation and diagnosis right through to resolution. You’ll maintain and extend the internal automation, manage internal systems, support squads as needed and participate in an on-call rota with the rest of the function as required.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- Named an official Best Workplace by Great Places to Work in 2020
- Ranked as the second fastest growing tech company in the UK by Dun & Bradstreet
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures
- We have processed over 80m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Most recently won ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
About you and the role
- You’ll be part of an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and, above all, passionate team. We would like you to display these same attributes and display proven knowledge about cloud and automation, systems administration, infrastructure management.
- You'll thrive when working on problems from identification to resolution and looking to solve any recurring tasks or issues through automation.
- You’re comfortable working in a scaling business, where time is critical, and things change on a regular basis.
- You enjoy positively challenging the way things are done and want to join a business that is focused on constantly improving.
- You have well thought-out opinions about how technologies and tool sets can be used to create elegant solutions and are happy sharing these.
- You care about the quality and integrity of the outputs from your team and want to work with people who care.
- You can find the right balance of speed and accuracy when prioritising and take responsibility for seeing things through to a high standard.
Skills and experience
- Experience working with 24x7 high availability platforms
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience delivering infrastructure as code
- Experience automating monitoring of platforms using APIs / webhooks
- Experience automating / maintaining CI/CD pipelines in a Linux, Apache, Java, PostgresSQL stack
- Microservices architecture – containers experience a bonus
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, the work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working