We're looking for a Payment Operations Manager to join our team on a permanent basis. This role will work alongside our current Payment Operations Manager and closely with the Head of Payments operations, to manage 5 other payment analysts as well as work with multiple teams across the business in their day to day role. The objective of the role is to ensure that our customers’ funds across many services are reconciled, allocated and managed appropriately within our regulatory requirements. This role is to manage the day to day scope of payment operations across many services provided to our clients. We are looking for a driven and agile Payments Operations Manager to join our growing company whom also has meticulous attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated, focused and highly organised individual, not daunted by complexity or high volumes of payments. You must be a team player when it comes to getting the job done and assisting wherever you can. It’s worth noting that due to the nature of working for a start-up, the environment will continually evolve and the ability to be flexible will be key. This is an exciting opportunity to join an early stage business and be an instrumental part of building a high growth FinTech start-up.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- Named an official Best Workplace by Great Places to Work in 2020
- Ranked as the second fastest growing tech company in the UK by Dun & Bradstreet
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures
- We have processed over 80m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Most recently won ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
The key tasks of your role will include:
- Line management of a team of 3 payment analysts
- Management of all daily operations across UK payment schemes and payment providers FPS, CHAPS, BACS, Direct Debit, Direct Debit Collections, Virtual & Physical cards and SEPA
- Management of all daily treasury for all payments on various online and in-house platforms (BACS, Direct Debits, SWIFT, SEPA, CHAPS, Faster Payments), ensuring they are processed accurately and within cut offs and SLAs
- Management of all BAU processes carried out by the payment analysts for reconciliations, treasury, customer support payment queries, recalls/indemnities/chargebacks/service downtime and payment exceptions
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including senior colleagues and our partner banks
- Monitor real-time payment/transaction flows, payment/transaction processing and activity to ensure all services are active and adhering to SLAs
- Support the development and build knowledge within the team, providing coaching and guidance
- Ensure all reconciliations and investigations are completed in line with internal and external SLAs and in line with regulations
- Collaborate with senior colleagues to resolve technical payment issues
- Provide SME payment support to wider business and contribute to ad hoc requests or projects
- Schedule and allocate work for the team
- Support the Head of Payment Operations with keeping appropriate payment policies and procedures updated to reflect changes to regulations or internal changes to regulated environment
- Continue to develop processes and workflows to increase efficiency within the team
- Build out BAU processes for new product launches along side product team/Head of Payment Operations
- Produce monthly analysis and statistical reporting
- Support incident management
- Take part in on call out of hours rota to aide/manage incidents and payment queries
- Deputise for the Head of Payment Operations during busy periods and holidays
- Manage on-call rotas for payment operations team
About You: To join us as a Payments Operations Analyst, you’ll need:
- You have 5-6 years’ industry experience, with 3-4 years in a managerial role
- Experience in managing a payments function (ideally within Financial Services)
- You have detailed experience of three or more of SEPA, Card Transactions, SWIFT or UK scheme payment processing
- In depth knowledge and understanding of performing client money reconciliations and building reconciliation processes
- Experience managing technical change processes is desirable
- You have excellent Microsoft excel skills
- You are comfortable engaging with other teams and senior stakeholders across the business to resolve queries/operational issues, sometimes within tight deadlines
- You are structured, organised and comfortable handling the competing pressures of immediate payment queries alongside day to day tasks
- You are articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have the desire and experience to improve processes and controls
- You can think creatively, are driven and self-motivated
- You have demonstrable ability to work with team members in a collegiate environment whilst independently managing your own time
- You are comfortable working in an early stage business, where time is critical, and priorities change frequently
- The world of FinTech excites you!
In addition to a market leading salary, we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offers highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working