As a Strategic Analyst at Modulr you will work closely with the Head of FP&A and Leadership Team members, supporting and driving strategic initiatives to push our rapidly scaling business forward. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a high-growth environment with a fast-paced and collaborative culture and be instrumental in accelerating our growth.
The role would suit an ambitious individual with a consulting background looking to move to industry and be at the heart of strategic decision making, or someone with experience of operating in a similar role looking to accelerate their career. The ideal candidate would feel comfortable presenting complex ideas to company leadership on one hand, while digging deep into the details with the other.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that’s breaking new ground within the business payments sector – which moves $130trn annually. And businesses are no longer tolerating the slow, inefficient and costly infrastructure provided by legacy institutions. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first services to enable modern business to eliminate historic hidden inefficiencies and build fast-to-market products on top of our award-winning payments platform.
Modulr was one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Startups to work for in the UK (2019) and was more recently recognised as a 2020 UK Best Workplace in May, 2020.
We were awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product
- Four years old, we have offices in London, Edinburgh and Dublin
- We have processed over 70 million transactions with a value of £50 billion of business payments to date
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Management and evolution of strategic KPIs
- Support the Finance and Leadership teams with developing and producing analysis for Board meetings, C-Suite reviews, and broader business support
- Lead delivery of key company-level strategic initiatives
- Identify opportunities for, and implement process improvements
- Support on other ad hoc strategic projects across the business
- Finance business partner on cross-functional teams, delivering strategic initiatives
- Ad Hoc analysis, forecasting, and financial modelling
- Build dashboards and reports to track Strategic KPIs across the business using 3rd party reporting tools
- You have an inquisitive mind and proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- You’re passionate about numbers and analysis, supporting rapid business growth, and are eager to help shape the direction and scope of a new company.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to achieve the goals of the finance team and wider business.
- You’re structured and organised, able to handle the competing pressures of immediate tasks and alongside longer-term projects.
- An excellent communicator, you can translate complex finance and business issues into plain English.
- You’re comfortable working in an early-stage business, where time is critical, and things change frequently.
- You enjoy self-leading and working independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and sharing your ideas about how we can improve.
- You’ve a strong interest in FinTech.
Skills and experience we’re interested in
- Advanced Excel
- Business Partnering
- Experience with multi-dimensional reporting tools (Business Objects, Hyperion, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience within a fast-paced business is required and experience within financial services or technology is desirable.
- Financial modelling experience
In addition to a market leading salary we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working