We’re on a mission to give the whole world access to incredible experiences. What do people value the most from their trip to a new destination? It’s probably not the flight they took, nor the hotel they stayed in. People value experiences––visiting the Colosseum Underground, seeing the Vatican Museums, or taking a delicious street food tour of Rome. These experiences help people connect with their destination’s history and culture, creating memories that last a lifetime.
In this role you will have a significant impact on our business as you will lead research efforts for an entire product group, through great prioritisation and enablement of others. You’ll work directly with product design and management and help them make a great impact in travelers’ lives.
- Own the long-term research strategy for a product group (multiple teams). Work closely with product, design, and business partners to identify and prioritize research opportunities based on need and impact.
- Influence product decisions across all phases of the product development lifecycle from Discovery to Delivery.
- Train and empower UX peers and Product Managers on evaluative research methods on a variety of devices, including mobile and desktop.
- Plan, gather and analyze insights about our users through new studies and review of existing data.
- Apply a creative mix of qualitative and quantitative methodologies to facilitate a deep understanding for our customers.
- 5+ years of recent experience in a similar position, working in-house in a product company. Ideally in e-commerce or travel.
- B.A/B.S or M.A./M.S. in HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, Anthropology or similar.
- Experience working with product teams and/or designers to drive insights into product solutions.
- Experience with all aspects of research, including study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, and reporting.
- Knowledge of mixed methods with an emphasis on qualitative (lab-based and remote usability testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, interviews, and field research) and quantitative research (surveys, analytics, event tracking).
- Able to work independently and adapt research practices to meet the needs of a start-up environment (lean & results-driven). Experience partnering with data analysts/data scientists on research projects is a plus.
- You communicate fluently in English and - ideally - at least one other European language. International research experience is a plus.
- You have examples demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g. study plans, metrics, reports).
Reasons to join us:
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English with people from over 75 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards and extra discount
- Relocation Assistance
You can get in touch with us via [email protected], and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.