GetYourGuide is the place to book the best experiences in destinations across the globe. We are now looking for a full-time Senior Data Engineer, Data Platform at our Berlin office.
You will play a key role in designing and developing our data ecosystem, big data-pipelines, data tooling and processes. You will also help make the vast amount of our data accessible, reliable and efficient to query.
The Data Platform team plays the central role in our data-driven strategy, designing and developing our data ecosystem, data processes and analytics capabilities. We work on problems such as product events tracking, A/B experiments framework, real-time streaming applications, and ELT pipelines. The team is also responsible for making the vast amount of data accessible, reliable and efficient to query, so we are empowered to make the best data-driven decisions. We work with a wide variety of tools and technologies ranging from Spark, Airflow, and Kafka to Databricks, Looker and Snowflake, making this team a great place to learn new skills.
- You will design, build and refine our data and analytics infrastructure, scaling to petabytes of data
- You will grow our analytics capabilities with faster, more reliable data pipelines, and better tools
- You will work together with Business Intelligence, Analytics, and the whole Engineering department to ensure high data quality
- You will develop complex and efficient pipelines to transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components of our data lake
- You will help define the team’s roadmap by constantly being in touch with our stakeholders
- You will mentor more junior engineers to help them grow, making us better as a team
- You will drive cross-team initiatives showing leadership and influencing others to achieve a common goal
- You have 4+ years of experience as a Data Engineer
- You have experience designing, developing and maintaining systems at scale
- You have strong experience with Scala or Java
- You have strong experience with Spark
- You write efficient, well-tested code with an keen eye on scalability and maintainability
- You are familiar with agile development
- You have an analytical mind and bake your decisions with data
- You have experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Kafka and Spark Streaming
Nice to have:
- You have experience with Python
- You have experience working with Airflow
- You have experience with AWS and cloud technologies
- You have experience with Microservice Architecture
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- Relocation assistance / a great team to help you with your move to Berlin
- Be part of an international team from over 60+ nationalities
- An open, friendly, energetic work environment where every voice is heard
- Regular learning opportunities via training sessions, conferences and our network of industry experts and an annual learning allowance
- Private pension scheme
- Discounts on BVG public transport ticket as well as health and fitness discounts with Urban Sports Club
- And many, many more!
Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English through the form below. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion. Apply now