Alkemics is a B2B business platform enabling retailers to discover, negotiate and launch new products from their 1000+ suppliers.
With 98 out of the top 100 CPG manufacturers (Nestlé, Unilever), the 7 largest retailers in France (E. Leclerc, Carrefour, Casino, Auchan, U-Enseigne, Cora, Metro…) and 4 of the largest UK retailers (Tesco, Ocado, Waitrose, Sainsbury) using the platform, Alkemics now holds a very strong and unchallenged position in the French and UK market.
Alkemics disrupted the space with a fully digital platform where brands create and share their product catalog. Retailers can explore those catalogs and run business workflows, searches or reportings to select, negotiate and list those products in their assortment. Once a retailer is on-boarded, invites are sent to that retailer’s suppliers to join the platform on a freemium basis, enabling quick network growth.
In May 2021, Alkemic was acquired by Boston-based commerce experience management platform Salsify.
Salsify empowers brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf by delivering the commerce experiences consumers demand anywhere they choose to shop online. The world's biggest brands including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK use Salsify every day to stand out on the digital shelf. To date, Salsify has raised a total of $198.1 million in funding, led by Warburg Pincus, Venrock, Matrix Partners, Greenspring Associates, Underscore VC, and North Bridge.
With this acquisition, Salsify furthers its position as the only global CommerceXM platform featuring both the ability to truly support customers worldwide and the largest product and engineering team. The fastest-growing company in the space, Salsify will cross $100M ARR by mid-2021, have about 600 employees, and have offices in Boston, Lisbon, and Paris. The combined solution will power open collaboration and content exchange between suppliers and retailers, resulting in superior product experiences everywhere consumers shop.
Online marketplaces are now commonplace for C2C and B2C markets. This trend has started in B2B sectors too, driving tremendous value and economies of scale. Today, thanks to a captive user base, Alkemics is in a strong position to “platformize” the notoriously difficult retail space. Brands are keen to have their products discovered in a more efficient and elegant way. Retailers are interested in negotiating products more quickly. Brands also want to better control the product introductions within each store.
Our marketing manager will launch Alkemics in the DACH region and will support the “enterprise” sales activities by developing and running strong dedicated marketing plans to the DACH region.
As the dedicated marketing support to DACH sales director, your day-to-day mission will be to develop, plan and run customized strategic marketing programs designed to create awareness, accelerate opportunities, generate new prospects and drive a pipeline within specific, targeted accounts and contacts within this geographic region.
More precisely, you will:
- Build the marketing plan according to the global marketing guidelines, product roadmap and region specificities
- Develop and maintain comprehensive account profiles and target personas (jointly with the sales director); oversee a database of named contacts to align marketing and sales in defining the target audience required to achieve account goals (account mapping)
- Interface with sales to determine sales enablement needs, and work with product marketing to develop tools, programs in a box, training and content
- Manage lead gen campaigns (email, social, and digital ads)
- Lead the partnerships with the trade associations in the region (ex EHI)
- Contribute to the international event calendar by proposing relevant events to attend and invest in your region. Participate in physical and digital events, customer meetings and present conferences
- Proactively engage with the sales teams to coordinate, communicate, and optimize the impact of marketing activities
- Communicate and educate the sales team regarding new and planned marketing activities including global, regional and local programs
- Evaluate, select and manage vendors that contribute to local demand creation programs including agencies, direct mail providers, and fulfillment services
- Design & execute few, and broad-based marketing initiatives to meet pipeline requirements of varied account segments
- Deploy ready-to-carry-out marketing tactics and provide sales enablement on an account and industry basis using various channels including digital, events, and social media
- Track lead flow and activity reporting to measure the ROI of all marketing actions
- Manage the DACH Marketing budget